Subject: General Tech | September 16, 2013 - 03:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Zeus PSU, Silverstone, modular psu, 1350W
Way back in the early stages of this year Lee reviewed a PSU that not many would need but those who want multiple cards would appreciate, the SilverStone Zeus 1350W PSU. The 12V lines, which is what GPUs care about are split into 6 with each able to provide 30A for a peak of 105A, 1260W delivered to your cards. Unfortunately for SilverStone [H]ard|OCP have been working on this review since February and this final review is actually of the third unit that was sent to them as the initial PSUs had major problems.
UPDATE: Tony from SilverStone reached out to explain the exact cause of the issue.
"... it turned out that the circuit breaker he had wouldn’t play nice with ZM1350’s higher in-rush current. Since power supplies are essentially analog devices, there are variances in production so the third unit apparently worked as ZM1350 was borderline tripping his breaker."
With the cause known you can decide on your own if your buildings curcuitry can support this PSU.
"SilverStone's Zeus series is back from a four year hiatus with a new 1350 watt PSU offering to enthusiasts. This Zeus is rated with Silver efficiency at 50°C, and comes to the alter with a host of features including modular cables to keep your build looking tidy. You can even tune the rails by hand if you wish. Time to see if heads roll."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master V-series 850W Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Be Quiet Pure Power L8 CM 730W Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Antec High Current Gamer 850W Semi Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Corsair CX500M (V2) Semi Modular Power @ eTeknix
- Cougar PowerX 550W PSU @ Kitguru
- XFX Pro 650W Core Edition Non Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Rosewill Tachyon 750 W @ techPowerUp
- be quiet! PowerZone 650W PSU @ Kitguru
- Antec High Current Gamer 620W Semi Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- EVGA 500B 500W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Antec EarthWatts Platinum 450W Non-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Enermax Triathlor 450W Non-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
Introduction and Features
After a four year hiatus, SilverStone's top of the line power supply series, Zeus, has returned. The all new Zeus ZM1350 was designed for elite IT professionals, PC power users, and overclockers and retains excellent characteristics from its predecessors with a continuous output capacity of 1350W (1500W peak) rated for 24/7 operation at 50°C, ±1% voltage regulation for exceptional stability, and careful selection of premium industrial grade components. Other aspects such as efficiency, modular cabling compatible with other SilverStone PSUs, switch for multi/single +12V rail selection, pots for tweaking voltages, and fan speed control are all improved to make the new Zeus ZM1350 the most sought-after power supply that SilverStone has ever designed.
The Zeus ZM1350 PSU is fully modular and certified 80 Plus Silver (80 Plus Gold level efficiency when operating on 230VAC line power). The ZM1350 features a switch to select between single or multiple +12V rails, incorporates three small pots for adjusting the +3.3V, +5V and +12V outputs, and has a fan speed override switch on the back panel to force the fan into constant full speed operation if desired.
Zeus Power Supply Key Features:
• 1350 watt continuous power output at 50°C (1500W peak)
• 60°C operation with up to 1080W continuous power output
• Strict ±1% voltage regulation with low AC ripple and noise
• Patented six/single +12V rails selector switch
• User accessible +3.3V, +5v, and +12V rail voltage adjustment pots
• 80Plus Silver certified with 80 Plus Gold level efficiency at 230VAC
• Class leading +12V rails with combined loading up to 105A (1260W)
• Industrial grade components
• Active PFC (up to 0.99)
• Universal AC input (90-264 VAC) full range
• Advanced 100% modular cables
• Long-life dual ball bearing 80mm fan with speed control switch
• Protections: OCP, OVP, OPP, OTP, UVP, SCP, NLO
• Supports latest ATX12V 2.3 & EPS12V 2.93 standards
Get notified when we go live!