Subject: Motherboards | August 5, 2014 - 01:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, Z97S SLI Plus
MSI's Z97S SLI Plus has a very clean socket area with nothing intruding into the space around it allowing for the use of a wide variety of CPU coolers. Three 16x PCIe 3.0 slots will support multiple GPU configurations and the pair of PCIe 2.0 and PCI lots leave you a lot of space for add-in cards. Possibly the best feature is the bootable M.2 slot for the newest type of SSDs but for others perhaps it will be the overclocking features which [H]ard|OCP were quite impressed with. The only warning is to avoid installing the full suite of software that MSI shipped with this board, otherwise you will spend time uninstalling the software you do not want on your machine.
"MSI once again brings us a solid, stable, and reliable motherboard with some great overclocking and positions it in the multi-GPU category. Usually when we see marketing moves like this we think of $200, $300, or even $400 motherboards. This MSI platform rings in at the $138 mark, which spikes this motherboard in the value category as well."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Z97I Gaming AC mini-ITX Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- ASUS Z97-DELUXE Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ECS Z97 Machine Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE @ techPowerUp
- MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC @ Kitguru
- Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force Overclocking Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
- MSI Z97 MPower Overclocking Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
- Gigabyte GA-Z97N Gaming 5 Mini ITX @ Hardwareoverclock
- Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE Review @ OCC
- ASUS Z97-PRO Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Motherboard Review @HiTech Legion