Subject: Motherboards | November 26, 2013 - 02:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, z87x-oc, LGA1150
Similar to the Z87X-OC Force that Morry recently reviewed is the Z87X-OC from Gigabyte which will cost you about half as much as the Force. You give up three PCIe slots, a 16x an 8x and a 1x, but do gain a pair of legacy PCI slots. As well you lose four SATA 6Gbps ports and the onboard audio codec is slightly downgraded but this makes the board well under $200. The overall design remains the same, very stable and easy to overclock, enough to win it a Gold Award.
"GIGABYTE has brought us a few great motherboards over the years with most being just above average. On the surface the Z87X-OC doesn’t have much going for it aside from a Halloween inspired color scheme. All that changes when you dig just a little deeper, as Gigabyte is very much still in the motherboard game."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ECS GANK Drone Z87H3-A3X L337 Gaming Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD5 TH Thunderbolt Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
- ASRock Z87 Extreme6 @ eTeknix
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- GIGABYTE G1.Killer Sniper 5 Intel Z87 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Asus Rampage IV Black Edition @ Kitguru
- ECS GANK DRONE Z87H3-A3X LGA 1150 Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Z87-Deluxe/Quad review: first Thunderbolt 2.0 motherboard @ Hardware.info
- ASUS ROG Maximus VI Formula Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force @ Hardware.info
- MSI Z87M Gaming Motherboard Preview @HiTech Legion
- BIOSTAR NM70I-1037U Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- ASRock FM2A88X EXTREME6+ @ Hardware Secrets
Today, Gigabyte unveiled their Intel Z87-based board lineup to select members of the press at a live event from their headquarters in City of Industry, CA. Their Z87 boards are broken down into four series - the Extreme OC series, the Gaming Series, the Thunderbolt series, and the Standard series.
Intel Z87 motherboard lineup
Courtesy of GIGABYTE
Gigabyte includes both a new interface for their UEFI BIOS and a new power paradigm, dubbed Ultra Durable 5 Plus, into each of their Intel Z87 boards.
UEFI BIOS Enhancement
UEFI BIOS explanation
Courtesy of GIGABYTE
They also fully redesigned their UEFI BIOS interface to make it more customizable, easier to use, and to allow real-time feedback for settings changes.
Get notified when we go live!