Subject: General Tech | October 3, 2013 - 02:32 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: Z87 XPower, z87, video, steam os, Steam Controller, Steam Box, steam, podcast, nuc, msi, haswell
PC Perspective Podcast #271 - 10/03/2013
Join us this week as we discuss the Hawell NUC, MSI X87 XPOWER Motherboard, the Steam Controller and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, Allyn Malventano, and Scott Michaud
Batman: Arkham Origins keys anyone??
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
1-888-38-PCPER or email@example.com
Fill out the Form Below to Enter for the Batman: Arkham Origins key!!!
Subject: Motherboards | August 13, 2013 - 02:17 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, Z87 XPower, PEX 8747 PLX
MSI's Z87 XPower is a brilliant board to base a multi-GPU system on as it's 5 PCIe slots are capable of running two cards at 16x if you are not using the other three, for triple GPU you can manage 16x/8x/8x or even four slots at 8x if you go to the utter extreme thanks to the PEX 8747 PLX chip found on board. If you are only using one GPU you can choose the slot which avoids the PLX chip altogether to avoid the latency penalty it adds. A Killer NIC, MSI's Super RAID SSD caching, Multi-BIOS II, Debub LED, Go2BIOS, V-Check Points and Direct OC all add to the benefits you get from choosing this board. If the $440 price tag doesn't immediately scare you off check out the full review at [H]ard|OCP.
"Higher end products are niche items which don’t make a lot of sense for the vast majority of users. Even gamers and enthusiasts sometimes shy away from these products unless the feature set aligns with their needs, desires, and budgets. The feature-packed MSI Z87 XPower is a fine example of this high end motherboard category. "
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Z87 XPower Review: Our First Z87 with PLX8747 @ AnandTech
- ASRock Z87 OC Formula @ Kitguru
- Asus Maximus VI Hero @ Kitguru
- ASUS Z87-PRO Motheboard @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 @ Bjorn3D
- MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Review @ OCC
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ASRock Z87 Extreme6/ac (Intel LGA 1150) @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H @ [H]ard|OCP
- MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard Review @ HiTech Legion
- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H @ X-bit Labs
- Asus Z87-K @ X-bit Labs
- MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING @ X-bit Labs
- Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- BIOS Option Of The Week - PCI-E Max Read Request Size @ TechARP
- Gigabyte F2A85XN-WiFi Motherboard Review @ HiTech Legion
Get notified when we go live!