Podcast #225 - Intel's New Low Priced 240GB SSD, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Convertible Ultrabook, AMD ARM processors, and more!
Subject: General Tech | November 1, 2012 - 03:04 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: z77a-gd80, yoga 13, thunderbolt, podcast, pcper, msi, Lenovo, intel ssd, intel 335, Intel, Ideapad, asus, arm, amd
PC Perspective Podcast #225 - 11/01/2012
Join us this week as we talk about Intel's New Low Priced 240GB SSD, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Convertible Ultrabook, AMD ARM processors, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts:Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Allyn Malventano, and Chris Barbere
Program length: 1:10:09
Podcast topics of discussion:
- Week in Reviews:
- 0:29:22 This Podcast is brought to you by MSI!
News items of interest:
- 0:30:35 Corsair Announces new products
- 0:36:10 ASUS Launches Line of VivoBook Laptops Running Windows 8
- 0:42:05 How to Build a PC with Windows 8 - PC Perspective Live!
- 0:43:50 Microsoft Giving Away Free Media Center Keys For Windows 8
- 0:46:30 ASRock Launches Extreme6/TB4 Motherboard With Two Thunderbolt Ports
- 0:47:30 AMD Announces It Will Build 64-bit ARM Processors for Server Markets
- 0:53:15 Intel Wants To See 48-Core Processors In Future Smartphones
- 0:56:30 NZXT Unleashes the Kraken -- World's first all-in-one 140mm & 280mm liquid-cooler
1:00:20 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- Ryan: Symphony on Steam - Free Keys to Give Away!!
- Jeremy: Grab media centre, even if you don't plan on getting Win 8 yet
- Allyn: Start8 - for you Windows 8 users
- Chris: MechWarrior Online
- 1:00:20 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- 1-888-38-PCPER or email@example.com
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Today we are taking a look at MSI’s flagship Z77 motherboard, the Z77A-GD80. Beyond being the GD80 SKU, which for several generations now has been given MSI’s premiere options, this GD80 in particular is an innovative board. This is due to the Z77A-GD80 being the first Windows motherboard that was certified for Intel’s Thunderbolt technology.
As many of you may know, Thunderbolt has 10 Gbps of bandwidth, as well as integrates Mini DisplayPort for video. With all of this bandwidth, Thunderbolt is an exciting standard, which we will focus on in depth later in this review.