Subject: Motherboards | November 10, 2011 - 11:35 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asrock, Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, ga-z68x
Taking a break from reviewing the major names in motherboards, [H]ard|OCP took hold of ASRock's Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard to see what that companies flagship motherboard is capable of. The motherboard arrived for review in an impressive stainless steel box, unfortunately once the box was opened the review started on a downhill trend. [H] didn't say that the board had the worst layout they've seen but had serious concerns with the placement of PCIe slots as well as the location of the auxiliary power connection. Once the board was hooked up [H] tried the UEFI BIOS that ASRock implemented with moderate success, they had better luck with the included overclocking software. Even with the problems they describe in the review, the board did survive their stability testing with no problems whatsoever.
"Several people on our forums wanted to see a little more brand diversity when it comes to motherboard reviews. Ask and you shall receive. We take our first look at one of ASRock’s "finest" motherboards. The Z68 Extreme4 Gen3. Long name, lots of features, and a big steaming bowl of disappointment."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS P8Z68-V @ [H]ard|OCP
- GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2 (Intel X79) @ Tweaktown
- MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS
- ASUS Sabertooth X79 @ Tweaktown
- Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev 3.1 Motherboard @ Rbmods
- Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Motherboard Preview @ eTeknix
- ECS P67H2-A Black Extreme Intel P67 @ PC Stats
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Intel Dynamic Acceleration @ TechARP
- ASUS F1A75-V Pro vs. Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H – Llano at ~$120 @ AnandTech
- ECS A990FXM-A Black Series Motherboard @ HardwareHeaven
- Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ @ techPowerUp
- Flagship Mainboards for Bulldozer from Asus, Gigabyte and MSI @ X-bit Labs
- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
Get notified when we go live!