Subject: General Tech | August 14, 2014 - 03:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, diamond multimedia, Xtreme Sound XS71HDU, usb sound card, DAC
The Diamond Xtreme Sound XS71HDU could be a versitile $60 solution for those with high end audio equipment that would benefit from a proper DAC. With both optical in and out it is capable of more than an onboard solution, not to mention the six 3.5-mm jacks for stereo headphones, 7.1 surround support with rear, sub, side, mic, and line in. The design and features are impressive however the performance failed to please The Tech Report who felt that there were similar solutions with much higher quality sound reproduction.
"We love sound cards here at TR, but they don't fit in every kind of PC. Diamond's Xtreme Sound XS71HDU serves up the same kinds of features in a tiny USB package suitable for mini-PCs and ultrabooks. We took it for a spin to see if it's as good as it looks."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- TDK A12 TREK Micro Wireless Speaker Review @ NikKTech
- Wavemaster Moody 2.1 Rev 2 Speaker @ eTeknix
- IK Multimedia iLoud Studio-Quality Portable Speaker Review @ NikKTech
- LUXA2 GroovyW bluetooth speaker @ Kitguru
- BitFenix Flo Premium PC Headset Review @ NikKTech
- Tt eSPORTS Sybaris Wired & Wireless Bluetooth NFC Enabled Headset @ eTeknix
- Tt eSports Level 10 M Gaming Headset @ TechwareLabs
- GAMDIAS Hephaestus GHS2000 Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- Tt eSPORTS Level 10M Gaming Headset Review @ Techgage
- CM Storm Resonar Gaming Earphones @ eTeknix