Subject: Storage | January 24, 2014 - 03:21 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: 19nm, Indilinx Barefoot, ocz, sata, ssd, vertex 460
Legit Reviews also had a chance to try out the new OCZ 460 that Al reviewed recently, on a system with a different Z77 motherboard and slightly slower processor. Not many of the benchmarks overlap so you can gain a bit more insight into the performance of this drive before you purchase it. In the end their conclusion is similar, this is one of the best SSDs they've encountered and should be available at a very decent price per gigabyte.
"Legit Reviews is checking out the new OCZ Storage Solutions Vertex 460 SSD today! We received a 240GB version this time around for evaluation which is pretty much the typical size of a review sample anymore. The Vertex 460 carries the same Barefoot 3 M10 controller we saw in the Vertex 450 and is now paired with 19nm Toshiba MLC NAND. The performance specifications are impressive for what is essentially an entry-level ‘performance’ drive with reads hitting 545MB/s max and 525MB/s writes max. Read on to see how it performs!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ Vertex 460 SSD @ The SSD Review
- Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SATA 3.0 SSD @ Phoronix
- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD Review @ TechwareLabs
- VisionTek 120GB mSATA SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Toshiba PX02SMF020 200GB SAS SSD @ NikKTech
- Western Digital Black Gen. 2 4 TB Hard Disk Drive @ TechARP
- Western Digital WD10EZEX @ Phoronix
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim External USB 3.0 2TB Hard Drive Review @ PCSTATS
- Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 64GB Flash Drive @ Funky Kit
- Kingston DataTraveler 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive @ NikKTech
Subject: General Tech | January 23, 2014 - 02:22 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, ocz, vertex 460, asus, direcuii, 270X, 280x, titan black, gtx 790
PC Perspective Podcast #284 - 01/23/2014
Join us this week as we discuss the OCZ Vertex 460, ASUS DirectCUII R9 270X and 280X, TITAN Black and GTX 790 and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath and Allyn Malventano
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Introduction, Specifications and Packaging
As of yesterday, the OCZ we all knew was officially acquired by Toshiba. They are now referred to as OCZ Storage Solutions, acting as a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Group:
This deal has been in the works for a while now, and while some suspected OCZ might be going under, they have continued to release new drives. The acquisition is more beneficial to OCZ than you might think, in that they now have much better access to Toshiba flash memory. Further, they can likely purchase it at better costs than available to those outside of the new parent companies' umbrella.
Today is no different, and OCZ is ringing in the pairing with a new product launch:
Lets jump right into the specs:
OCZ also provided a comparison against prior models:
This new model, just like the Vector 150, sports Toshiba 19nm flash. It's a slightly newer version of the Barefoot 3 controller, but with a lower endurance spec and warranty period.
Get notified when we go live!