Subject: Memory | October 18, 2011 - 09:27 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600, dual channel
If you liked Sonic the Hedgehog you'll love Corsair's new Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 kit, which is every bit as blue and spiky as the games star. It might even be faster, with timings of 9-9-9-24 @ 2T by default at 1.5V. Legit Reviews spent some time trying to get these DIMMs to overclock and found that while they could not tighten the timings they were able to drop the command rate to 1T, or loosen the timings and run the DIMMs at 1866MHz. It is currently available for about $50 if you shop around, not a bad deal for 8GB of speedy DDR3.
"The Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 CL9 memory kit comes in what Corsair calls "Cerulean Blue", which Corsair claims is designed to match the color found on motherboards supporting 2nd Generation Intel Core Sandy Bridge processors. To our eyes, this particular shade of blue is only found on ASUS motherboards, although other manufacturers such as Gigabyte and MSI do offer motherboards with blue accents..."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3 2000MHz CL9 Memory Kit Review @ Legit Reviews
- Crucial Ballistix Elite PC3-14900 8GB @ Tweaktown
- Patriot G2 AMD Black Edition DDR3-1600 8GB Memory Kit Review @Hi Tech Legion
- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1866MHz 8GB Memory Kit Review @ eTeknix
- G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM Memory Kit @ Bjorn3D
Get notified when we go live!