Subject: Memory | April 23, 2012 - 04:05 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: VisionTek, Ultimate Performance, PC3-17000, Red Label
Timings of 11-11-11-30-2T might look slow but you must make allowances for the fact that the DIMMs are running at 2133MHz. The 8GB VisionTek Ultimate Performance PC3-17000 kit is built for either dual or quad channel systems on motherboards that can support their full speed. While Neoseeker did not have any troubles getting these DIMMs running at full speed on their test systems, they did have some trouble discerning an impact on real world gaming performance from these DIMMs. They do recommend them for those who want the best of the best, but when DDR3-1600 kits can provide almost all the performance for about half the price, the market for these high speed DIMMs is fairly limited.
"We've got another quad-channel memory kit from VisionTek on the review bench today. Hit our link to see how the sub-$100 Ultimate Performance 8GB PC3-17000 memory kit (featuring 11-11-11-30-2T timings) compares against similarly priced offerings from the competition."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- eIL Black Dragon PC3-17000 2133MHz C10 16GB Memory Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- Crucial Ballistix Elite Review - 16GB Quad Channel 1866 MHz Memory @ HCW
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz 16 GB Quad Channel @ HCW
- ushkin Enhanced Redline Ridgeback 2133mhz 16GB @ Kitguru
- GeIL Black Dragon DDR3-2133 8GB Quad Channel Memory Kit Review @ HardwareHeaven
- AMD Performance Edition 8GB Memory Review @ OCC
- AMD Performance Edition 8GB/16GB @ Kitguru