One drawback of using an HTPC is that you can only watch one thing at a time, which sounds odd unless you consider multiple person households. In order to dump your cableboxes in favour of an HTPC you need to be able to send different signals to different TVs, laptops and monitors. The InfiniTV Wizard allows you to bind a specific TV Tuner to a specific client's IP address allowing each user to watch what they want, as long as you have enough TV Tuner cards installed in the main HTPC. Check out how easy multiple tuners can be used over at Missing Remote.
"One of our most popular guides in the past several months has been Michael Welter’s guide and tool for configuring the InfiniTV for use by multiple PCs. Now, Ceton has released the InfiniTV Network Tuner Wizard to provide an easy way to configure and officially support the InfiniTV when used by multiple PCs. We’ve had the opportunity to use the wizard and produce a guide to help you learn what it does and how to use it."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Imation Grand Entertainer Review @ t-break
- Beginner's Guide to Building a Home Theater PC @ MissingRemote
- LG BD670 3D Player @ TechReviewSource
- Boxee Box D-Link DSM-380 Media Player Review @ MissingRemote
- SecondRun.tv 2.5 Movie and TV Plugin Review @ MissingRemote