Subject: Graphics Cards | August 30, 2011 - 02:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: toxic, sapphire, hd6950
Why should you grab the card without hesitation? It has Sapphire's Vapor Chamber cooling and comes with an 80MHz GPU clock and 50MHz GDDR5 overclock right out of the box and [H]ard|OCP hit 978MHz GPU and 1450MHz GDDR5 using Sapphire's TriXX OC Utility to boost the frequency and voltage. You don't even have to worry about flashing the BIOS to make the card an HD6970, Sapphire did it for you, plus there is also a BIOS available which will set the +20% to PowerTune automatically. This is the most serious GPU for under $300 right now.
"SAPPHIRE claims to have produced the fastest HD 6950 on the market in the SAPPHIRE HD6950 TOXIC Edition. It competes with a stock Radeon HD 6950 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570. We also put it to the test against a Radeon HD 6970 and GeForce GTX 580 with results that might shock you. And did we mention you get two free games?"
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 Ultimate 1GB Graphics Card Review @ eTeknix
- ASUS GeForce GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- AMD Llano Graphics Battle: Gallium3D vs. Catalyst @ Phoronix
- Mobile GPU Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Surround Vision Examined with ASUS MARS II 3GB Dual GTX 580 @ Tweaktown
- ASUS GTX580 MATRIX Review @ OCC
- Geforce GTX460 SLI configuration @ t-break
- Zotac AMP! GeForce GTX 550 Ti, AMP! GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 590 Graphics Cards @ IXBT Labs
- ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum @ Bjorn3D
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti AMP! Edition Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- GIGABYTE GTX 580 SOC @ Bjorn3D