Subject: Mobile | August 27, 2013 - 02:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: linux, ubuntu, system76, Gazelle Pro
The component list of System76's Gazelle Professional laptop reads like a $1000+ ultrabook, a Core i7 4900MQ, 8GB of DDR3-1600, a 120GB Intel 520 SSD and 15.6-inch 1080p display. Instead of Windows it ships with Ubuntu 13.04, part of the reason you can purchase the base model for $830. Support for Haswell's HD Graphics 4600 is solid, with performance far beyond the old HD Graphics 3000; the Ivy Bridge GPU can sometimes outperform Haswell but that will change as drivers improve. Take a peek at the benchmarks in Phoronix's review.
"System76 recently sent over their Haswell-based Gazelle Professional laptop that sports HD Graphics 4600, a fancy Intel SSD, 8GB of system memory, and a beautiful HD display. This Haswell Linux laptop has already been used for testing within a few Phoronix articles while now is a full look at this Ubuntu laptop along with some comparison performance tests."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Samsung Ativ Book 9 Lite @ The Inquirer
- HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11z Review @ TechReviewSource
- Razer Blade 14-inch Gaming Notebook Review @ Custom PC Review
- MSI GE40 2OC-009US Review @ TechReviewSource
- Apple iMac 27-inch (Late 2013) Review @ TechReviewSource
- HP Envy Touchsmart 15 @ The Inquirer
- HP SlateBook x2 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Diamond DS3900 Dual Video USB 3.0 Docking Station @ Benchmark Reviews
- EasyAcc Power Bank PB12000A @ NikKTech
- Nvidia Tegra 4 benchmark review @ Hardware.Info
- Moto X @ AnandTech
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active @ The Inquirer
- Samsung ATIV S Cell Phone Review @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!