Subject: Systems | July 3, 2013 - 04:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: system guide, system build
The PCPer Hardware Leaderboard is not the only system guide to get a summer refresh, The Tech Report have recently updated their recommended builds to include new pricing and more importantly the new hardware that has been launched. The Econobox is powered by an i3-3220 and a GTX 650 Ti with an estimated cost of $600, with an alternative AMD system that could be configured. The Sweet Spot has a Core i5-4430 on ASUS' Z87-K with an HD 7870 for a hair over $1000 while the Editor's Choice is about $1500 and sports better hardware all around. For the real beast you need to read through to the Double Stuff workstation which sports the best of the best; check them all out here.
"Over a few short months, we've seen the arrival of Intel's Haswell processors, AMD's Richland APUs, and Nvidia's GeForce GTX 700 series. In this latest edition of the TR system guide, we've revamped our builds to take these launches—and other pricing and availability changes—into account."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Intel DC3217IYE Next Unit of Computing @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte BRIX GB-XM11-3337 System @ eTeknix
- CyberPower PC Gamer Xtreme 4200 System Review @ Ninjalane
- Haswell and GK110 vs. Ivy and GK104: DigitalStorm Virtue System @ AnandTech
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Horizon Review @ TechReviewSource
- Intel NUC DC53427HYE review: mini means business @ Hardware.info
- DinoPC Asusinator 4670K OC (w/ GTX770) @ Kitguru
- Viako NANO LETTER NL-HM76T i5 Mini-PC Review @ Madshrimps
- ARIA Gladiator 6300-HD7870LE AMD 4.10ghz 6 core System @ Kitguru
- Hackintosh Performance Hardware Options @ Benchmark Reviews
Get notified when we go live!