Subject: General Tech, Systems | September 29, 2014 - 10:21 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: survey, components
The Tech Report have compiled the data from their survey of readers machines and the data is now posted in this article. You can see how your build compares to the major trends that they observed, from the number and type of monitors that you use to the amount of RAM you have installed. The most interesting page covers the odd facts which were revealed such as the overwhelming predominance of ATX boards and cases that are being used despite the fact that 75% of respondents having only a single card installed in their systems. It is also interesting to note a mere 10% of those responding use more than one GPU. Check out the findings here.
"Typical PC enthusiasts may spend more on their PCs than you might think—and by the looks of it, their taste for high-end hardware isn't just limited to core components. Those are two of the main takeaways from the TR Hardware Survey 2014, in which we invited readers to answer 26 questions about their PCs. Around 4,000 of you participated over a period of about a week and a half, and the results paint an enlightening picture of current trends in the hobbyist PC realm. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Cloudflare rolls out free universal SSL encryption to all users @ The Inquirer
- Ineffective Shellshock fix means hackers are still exploiting vulnerability @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors @ DigiTimes
- Android smartphone vendors speeding up migration to 64-bit architecture @ DigiTimes
- BlackBerry slowly pulls out of power dive into toilet @ The Register
- HP offers 64-bit ARM processors for Moonshot servers @ The Inquirer
- Nvidia: We will focus on G-Sync, not Adaptive-Sync @ Kitguru
- Vendors stop developing touchscreen notebooks @ DigiTimes
- Unchanging Unicorn: Don't be disappointed with Ubuntu 14.10, be happy @ The Register
Subject: General Tech | May 29, 2012 - 03:53 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: survey, ocz, giveaway, corsair, contest
Every once in a while take an opportunity to learn about YOU, our faithful fans of PC Perspective. Today is one of those days as we have setup a small survey to help point us in the right direction for the future of the website. We can learn a lot from your help with this:
- We learn about you.
- We learn what you want to read on PC Perspective.
- We learn what you don't want to read on PC Perspective.
- We learn what you want to see as the future of PC Perspective.
As you can see, YOU have a lot of power over what is going to happen here, so wield it wisely. If you write in the comments section that we should fire Josh then we'll
probably do it probably not do it.
Other than the obviously great feelings you'll receive from helping out your friends at PC Perspective, we decided that to entice you to spend the 5 minutes on the survey that it will require we are going to offer up a handful of prizes as well!
All you have to do to win one of these great prizes is:
- Fill out our survey.
- Wait for us to pick you as a winner.
Man, we pride ourselves on making our contests and sweepstakes easy, but this is ridiculous! The competition is open to ALL people around the world though you can ONLY enter one time! The survey will run through the 8th of June, so get your entries in!
Good luck and thank you so much for being a part of PC Perspective!
Get notified when we go live!