Subject: General Tech | September 18, 2014 - 01:59 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: windows 9, video, TSV, supernova, raptr, r9 390x, podcast, p3700, nvidia, Intel, idf, GTX 980, evga, ECS, ddr4, amd
PC Perspective Podcast #318 - 09/18/2014
Join us this week as we discuss GTX 980 and R9 390X Rumors, Storage News from IDF, ADATA SP610 SSDs and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Allyn Malventano
Program length: 1:33:48
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Allyn: Windows Server 2012 R2 Storage Spaces goodness (updated features)
Introduction and Features
EVGA continues to raise the bar with the introduction of two new power supplies in their popular SuperNOVA line, the 1000 P2 and 1200 P2. Both new power supplies are 80Plus Platinum certified and feature all modular cables, high-quality Japanese brand capacitors, a single high-power +12V rail, and a 140mm dual ball bearing cooling fan (with the ability to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low power levels). The 1000 P2 and 1200 P2 are also backed by a 10-year warranty (with registration). And last but not least, many PC PSU enthusiasts will be happy to know the new 1000 P2 and 1200 P2 are being supplied by Super Flower; the same OEM that EVGA has been using for many of their higher output, premium PSUs!
EVGA was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Brea, California. They continue to specialize in producing NVIDIA based graphics adapters and Intel based motherboards and keep expanding their PC power supply product line, which now includes seventeen models ranging from the high-end SuperNOVA 1600 G2 to the budget minded EVGA 430W power supply.
In this review we will be taking a detailed look at the EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 power supply.
Here is what EVGA has to say about the new SuperNOVA P2 Gold PSUs: “Introducing the EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 power supply. This power supply raises the bar with 1200W of continuous power delivery and 92% (115 VAC) / 94% (220~240 VAC) efficiency. A fully modular design reduces case clutter and 100% Japanese Capacitors ensure that only the absolute best components are used. What does that mean? The best stability, reliability, overclockability and unparalleled control. The EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 is the ultimate tool to eliminate all system bottlenecks and achieve unrivaled performance."
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 PSU Key Features:
• 10-Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
• 80PLUS Platinum certified, with up to 92~94% efficiency under typical loads
• Tight voltage regulation (2%), stable power with low AC ripple and noise
• Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• Quiet dual-ball bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready
• Intel 4th Generation CPU Ready (Haswell, C6/C7 idle modes)
• Compliance with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Heavy-duty Protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, and SCP
• MSRP for the 1000 P2 PSU : $219.99 USD (181.99 after mail-in rebate, Amazon.com)
• MSRP for the 1200 P2 PSU : $269.99 USD ($225.99 after mail-in rebate, Amazon.com)
Subject: General Tech | August 13, 2014 - 05:15 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: supernova, podcast, giveaway, evga, contest
A big THANK YOU goes to our friends at EVGA for hooking us up with another item to give away for our podcast listeners and viewers this week. If you watch tonight's LIVE recording of Podcast #313 (10pm ET / 7pm PT at http://pcper.com/live) or download our podcast after the fact (at http://pcper.com/podcast) then you'll have the tools needed to win an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply!! (Valued at $165 based on Amazon current selling price.) See review of our 750/850G2 SuperNOVA units.
How do you enter? Well, on the live stream (or in the downloaded version) we'll give out a special keyword during our discussion of the contest for you to input in the form below. That's it!
We'll draw a random winner next week, anyone can enter from anywhere in the world - we'll cover the shipping. We'll draw a winner on August 20th and announce it on the next episode of the podcast! Good luck, and once again, thanks goes out to EVGA for supplying the prize!