Subject: Storage | April 22, 2014 - 11:24 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: kingston, msata, ssdnow, SandForce SF-2241, SandForce SF-2281, ssd
Fountain Valley, CA – April 21, 2014 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the addition of 240GB and 480GB capacities to the existing SSDNow mS200 mSATA SSD line. Kingston’s SSDNow mS200 mSATA solid-state drive allows system builders and enthusiasts a cost-effective performance boost with quicker boot time and application loads while requiring less power than HDDs.
The mS200’s small-form factor is perfect for notebook, tablet and Ultrabook PCs, as well as a variety of embedded systems. It can also be used as a caching device with motherboards that support Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT) to improve system performance. mS200 has read speeds up to 550MB/s and write speeds up to 520MB/s.
The 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB mS200 mSATA SSDs have a caseless, PCB-only design with no moving parts and are backed by a two- or three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Features & Specifications:
- LSI SandForce 2241 (30GB, 60GB, 120GB) and 2281 (240GB, 480GB) controller with SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface: twice as fast as the previous generation, yet more cost-efficient
- mSATA interface: fully compliant with industry standard, easy to fit, guaranteed to work
- NAND Flash memory based: shock-resistant with low power consumption
- Supports Intel’s SRT: combines capacity advantage of HDD with performance improvements of SSD in dual-storage configuration
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance on compatible operating systems
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5Gb/s) ·
- Capacities1: 30GB, 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Automatic Encryption (AES 128-bit):Password at the drive level ensures secure data protection
- Sequential Read/Write2:
- 30GB – 550 MB/s / 510MB/s
- 60GB – 550 MB/s / 520MB/s
- 120GB – 550MB/s / 520MB/s
- 240GB – 540MB/s / 530MB/s
- 480GB – 530MB/s / 340MB/s ·
- Maximum 4k Read/Write2:
- 30GB – up to 86,000/ up to 77,000 IOPS
- 60GB – up to 86,000/ up to 79,000 IOPS
- 120GB – up to 86,000/ up to 48,000 IOPS
- 240GB – up to 72,000/up to 40,000 IOPS
- 480GB – up to 72,000/up to 18,000 IOPS ·
- Random 4k Read/Write2:
- 30GB – up to 7,500/71,000 IOPS
- 60GB – up to 14,000/77,000 IOPS
- 120GB – up to 17,000/45,000 IOPS
- 240GB – up to 21,000/41,000 IOPS
- 480GB – up to 21,000/13,000 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 60,000
- Power Consumption: 0.4W Idle / 1.2 (TYP) Read / 1.8W (TYP) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 50.88mm x 30mm
- Weight: 6.86g
- TRIM Supported
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- MTTF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- 30GB – two-year warranty with free technical support
- 60GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB – three-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3:
- 30GB: 121TB 3 DWPD4
- 60GB: 218TB 3 DWPD4
- 120GB: 337TBW 2 DWPD4
- 240GB: 585TBW 2 DWPD4
- 480GB: 1562TBW 2 DWPD4
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide.
2 Based on “out-of-box performance.” Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
Get notified when we go live!