Subject: General Tech | May 18, 2012 - 03:24 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: celeron 807, celeron 877, celeron, ulv, ultrabook, sleekbook, hp
HP recently announced their plans to begin selling Sleekbooks, a ultraportable modelled after the Ultrabook but using an AMD processor. You might lose a bit of computational power but you won't sacrifice graphical performance and the prices are slated to be noticeably less that what Ultrabooks are currently selling for, as well as the intended sub-$1000 price Intel originally stated. Intel is firing back with the upcoming release of two Celeron processors both priced under $100. DigiTimes also reports on five future dual core i3s which will sell between $100-$150 which will give Intel customers a large feild of models to choose from. The two new Celerons are expected to be 17W 32nm SandyBridge processors, one single core model and one dual core model, both with Intel HD graphics onboard.
"Intel will launch four entry-level Celeron processors including the Celeron ULV 877 and 807 for sale at US$86 and US$70 respectively and targeting ultrabooks in the third quarter of 2012. The CPUs could enable vendors to offer ultrabooks at a price level of US$699 in the third-quarter, and falling to US$599 at the end of the year or beginning of 2013, according to Taiwan-based supply chain makers."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Intel releases third-generation Core vPro Platform @ DigiTimes
- Intel Glamor Acceleration Compared To SNA, UXA @ Phoronix
- Seeing ads on Wikipedia? Then you're infected @ The Register
- GPU Technology Conference 2012 - Day 1 and 2 @ Hi Tech Legion
- How NVIDIA GeForce GRID Changed Video Games @ Benchmark Reviews
- GTC 2012 Part 1: NVIDIA Announces GK104 Based Tesla K10, GK110 Based Tesla K20 @ AnandTech
- NETGEAR N900 Wireless Dual-Band Router and USB Adapter Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Windows 8 frightens me, and here's why @ The Tech Report
- be quiet! Joint Contest @ NikKTech
- Custom modded rig built buy a selection of different modders Auction @ Xtreme Computing
Get notified when we go live!