Subject: Cases and Cooling | March 26, 2012 - 09:22 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: 80 Plus Gold, PSU, modular psu, coolermaster, Silent Pro Gold 600W, Cougar, GX G900, Cougar GX G1050, OCZ ZX 1000W, Seasonic SS-850KM
X-bit Labs assembled a wide variety of PSUs which all share one characteristic for a round up. From the lowest powered 600W to the over the top 1050W model, these PSUs all have an 80 Plus Gold rating. You have probably seen the Seasonic, OCZ and CoolerMaster PSUs around before but the Cougar models are a little less common. All but the Seasonic model generated positive reviews, the problem with the Seasonic model being its price; it costs more than the others but does not offer extras to justify that heightened price point. The 600W PSUs are definitely recommended as many mid-range PSUs do not sport the 80 Plus Gold rating. Read on to see how stable the power they provide is.
"Today we are going to talk about five power supply units from Cooler Master, Cougar, OCZ and Seasonic certified according to 80 PLUS Gold standard. Their wattage ranges from 600 to 1050 W, which provides a choice to everyone who is looking for a quality PSU."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- ThermalTake Toughpower 1500W Modular Power Supply @ Kitguru
- FSP Aurum Pro 850 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Corsair TX vs. OCZ ZT 550W @ AnandTech
- 3R System AK6-500M Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series Power Supply @ Pro-Clockers
- Huntkey Win7 6600 Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Rosewill Capstone 450W and 650W 80Plus Gold @ AnandTech
- OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Modular Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Rosewill Hive 550W @ AnandTech
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000 W @ techPowerUp