Subject: Memory | March 23, 2012 - 03:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, Samsung Green PC3-12800, low profile, low power
There is a reason that Samsung's branding of these new DIMMs is green; they suck a mere 1.35V at their full speed of DDR3 1600MHz @ 11-11-11-28 and with the low profile they will fit in just about any machine. Of more interest to some readers would be their overclocking potential, which TechPowerUp explored and discovered that 2400 MHz with 1.575V was not only possible but also stable. They also went the other way and discovered the DIMMs could still run at stock speeds at 1.2V which gives you a lot to tweak on this RAM. Read on to see how the DIMMs performed and to learn a little about tWCL as well.
"Several tech forums are buzzing about Samsung's lastest "Green" 30 nm DDR3, that sips the voltage, and sits on a tiny low-profile PCB. We snagged a pair to see what all the fuss is about, and boy, were we surprised!"
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- G.Skill RipjawsX F3-2133C9-32GXH 32 GB PC3-17000 1.6 V DDR3 @ techPowerUp
- Topower Gold Vapour Injection-HD DDR3 1866MHz 8GB Memory Kit Review @ eTeknix
- GSkill RipjawsZ PC3 17000 CL9 Quad Channel Memory Kit @ Ninjalane
- G.Skill ARES 16GB 2133mhz Memory Kit @ Kitguru
- G.Skill ARES PC3-17000 16GB @ Tweaktown
- Ivy Bridge High-Speed RAM Run with G.Skill PC3-20800 2666MHz RipjawsZ @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Viper Extreme PC3-16000 CL9 1.65 V DDR3 @ techPowerUp
- Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1866MHz @ OC3D
- Kingston HyperX Red Limited Edition DDR3-1600 2x4GB Memory Kit Review @ Hi Tech Legion
Get notified when we go live!