Subject: Memory | February 29, 2012 - 11:33 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, Samsung Green 8GB VLP 1600MHz, low profile
With the way that current generation motherboards squeeze the DIMM slots in close to the CPU socket and with the enourmous size of high end coolers, low profile DIMMs are not just for SFF PCs anymore. Samsung's new Green VLP kit is not only incredibly low profile it is also versatile and intended to run at a variety of speeds from 1600MHz @ 11-11-11-28 with 1.5v of power to 800MHz @ 6-6-6-18 pulling 1.35v. Overclock3D's testing did reveal one small problem with these DIMMs; by focusing on lower power and lower profile first they did sacrifice performance. On the other hand if you are in such tight confines that only these DIMMs will fit, slow RAM beats no RAM every time.
"With their own RAM sticks Samsung have redefined what we consider Low Profile to be. Does the performance match up?"
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- G.Skill Ares 16GB 2133MHz @ OC3D
- G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3-2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB) Memory Review @ HardwareHeaven
- AMD Performance Edition 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory Kit Review @Hi Tech Legion
- G.Skill Ripjaws-Z DDR3 1866MHz 16GB Memory Kit Review @ eTeknix
- Mushkin Blackline PC3-17000 (994015) 16GB Quad Pack Memory Kit Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 DDR3-1866 (PC3-15000) 8GB Kit @ Funky Kit
Get notified when we go live!