Subject: Graphics Cards | March 21, 2014 - 02:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ROG MARS 760, nvidia, gtx 760, GK104, asus
If you can afford to spend $1000 or more on a GPU the ASUS ROG MARS GTX 760 is an interesting choice. The two GTX 760 cores on this card are not modified as we have seen on some other two GPU cards, indeed ASUS even overclocked them to a base of 1006MHz and a boost clock of 1072MHz. Ryan reviewed this card back in December, awarding it with a Gold and [H]ard|OCP is revisiting this card with a new driver and a different lineup of games. They also pass this unique card from ASUS a Gold after it finished stomping on AMD and the GTX 780Ti.
"The ASUS ROG MARS 760 is one of the most unique custom built video cards out on the market today. ASUS has designed a video card sporting dual NVIDIA GTX 760 GPUs on a single video card and given gamers something that didn't exist before in the market place. We will find out how it compares with the fastest video cards out there."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB SC Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Video Card Review @ Hardware Asylum
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti in 2-way SL @ X-bit Labs
- Nvidia GTX Titan Black v Palit GTX780 Ti Jetstream OC @ Kitguru
- PNY GeForce GTX 780 OC 3GB Review @ Hardware Canucks
- PNY GeForce GTX 770 OC2 4GB Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB @ Kitguru
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 Ti AMP! Edition @ X-bit Labs
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti @ X-bit Labs
- Intel Iris Graphics 5100: Windows 8.1 vs. Ubuntu 14.04 Linux @ Phoronix
- 4K Ultra HD Graphics Card Testing On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS @ Phoronix
- 30-Way Graphics Card Comparison On Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS @ Phoronix
- PowerColor Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
- MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming Review! @ Bjorn3D
- PowerColor R9 290X PCS+ 4GB Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Powercolor R9 290X PCS+ 4GB @ eTeknix
- XFX R9 290 Double Dissipation Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X (Refresh) Video Card Review @HiTech Legion
- Powercolor R9 290X PCS+ 4GB @ eTeknix
- AMD Radeon R9 270X and R9 270 @ [H]ard|OCP
Subject: Graphics Cards | November 20, 2013 - 01:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: mars, asus, ROG MARS 760, gtx 760, dual gpu
Fremont, CA (November 19, 2013) - ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the MARS 760 graphics card featuring two GeForce GTX 760 graphics-processing units (GPUs) capable of delivering incredible gaming performance and ensuring ultra-smooth high-resolution gameplay. The MARS 760 even outpaces the GeForce GTX TITAN — with game performance that’s up to 39% faster overall. The MARS 760 is a two-slot card packed with exclusive ASUS technologies including DirectCU II for 20%-cooler and vastly quieter operation, DIGI+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) for ultra-stable power delivery and GPU Tweak, an easy-to-use utility that lets users safely overclock the two GTX 760 GPUs.
Exclusive ASUS features provide cool, quiet, durable and stable performance ASUS exclusive DirectCU II technology puts 8 highly-conductive cooling copper heatpipes in direct contact with both GPUs. These heatpipes provide extremely efficient cooling, allowing the MARS 760 to run 20% cooler and vastly quieter than reference GeForce GTX 690 cards. Dual 90mm dust-proof fans help to provide six times (6X) greater airflow than reference design. And with 4GB of GDDR5 video memory, the ASUS ROG MARS 760 is capable of delivering visuals with incredibly high frame rates and no stutter, ensuring extremely smooth gameplay — even at WQHD resolutions. An attention-grabbing LED even illuminates as the MARS 760 is operating under load.
The MARS 760 is equipped with ROG’s acclaimed DIGI+ voltage-regulation module (VRM), featuring a 12-phase power design that reduces power noise by 30% and enhances efficiency by 15%. Custom sourced black metallic capacitors offer 20%-better temperature endurance for a lifespan that’s up to five times (5X) longer. The new card is built with extremely hardwearing polymerized organic-semiconductor capacitors (POSCAPs) and has an aluminum back-plate, further lowering power noise while increasing both durability and stability to unlock overclocking potential.
The exclusive GPU Tweak tuning tool allows quick, simple and safe control over clock speeds, voltages, cooling-fan speeds and power-consumption thresholds; GPU Tweak lets users push the two GTX 760 GPUs even further. The ROG edition of GPU Tweak included with the MARS 760 also enables detailed GPU load-line calibration and VRM-frequency tuning, allowing for the most extensive control and tweaking parameters in order to maximize overclocking potential — all adjusted via an attractive and easy-to-use graphical interface.
The GPU Tweak Streaming feature, the newest addition to the GPU Tweak tool, lets users share on-screen action over the internet in real time so others can watch live as games are played. It’s even possible to add a title to the streaming window along with scrolling text, pictures and webcam images.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 SLI
- PCI Express 3.0
- 4096MB GDDR5 memory (2GB per GPU)
- 1008MHz (1072MHz boosted) core speed
- 6004 MHz (1501 MHz GDDR5) memory clock
- 512-bit memory interface
- 2560 x 1600 maximum DVI resolution
- 2 x dual-link DVI-I output
- 1 x dual-link DVI-D output
- 1 x Mini DisplayPort output
- HDMI output (via dongle)
Get notified when we go live!