Subject: Memory | January 5, 2012 - 11:49 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: G.Skill, Ripjaws Z, ddr3-2133, quad channel
The arrival of the X79 chipset and quad-channel memory support has made a lot of memory manufacturers very happy. Over the past year the DDR3 market has been a little slow with very little performance difference between vendors and for that matter memory frequency. That has left companies struggling to stand out in the crowd and attract buyers to their products. Now most companies have switched into high gear and are producing new quad-channel kits with some fairly impressive speeds. Take the G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz kit that Bjorn3D just reviewed, sporting timings of 9-11-10-28 @ 1T. The benchmarking software they used just loved the kit as did the reviewer, who voiced only one concern about the possibility of the height of the DIMMs interfering with a large LGA2011 heatsink.
"Today we have in our hands one of G.SKILL's newest lines in the Ripjaws series: the Ripjaws Z which are designed for the quad channel memory controller in the newly released Intel X79 based boards. This kit is not their top model in terms of performance, but boasting a frequency of 2133 with a CAS latency of 9 is in no terms bad either. These are more of the upper high end for a 16GB kit, as G.SKILL does offer some models with slightly better timings or higher speeds, but those also can be much more expensive."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- GeIL Evo Corsa 8GB 2133CL9 Dual Channel Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- Mushkin Redline PC3-17000 16GB @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 16GB DDR3-1600 @ Benchmark Reviews
- Exceleram E30200A 8GB DDR3-Series Memory Modules Review @ Madshrimps
- Kingston HyperX Genesis PC3-12800 16GB @ Tweaktown
- Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory @ Benchmark Reviews
- Corsair Vengeance LP PC3-12800 16GB @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 16GB DDR3-2133 @ Benchmark Reviews
- Patriot Division 4 Viper Xtreme DDR3-1600 Quad Channel Kit Review @ HardwareHeaven
Get notified when we go live!