Subject: Cases and Cooling | July 25, 2014 - 12:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Silverstone, raven rv05
The newest Raven from SilverStone is the RV05 which continues the unique look and motherboard orientation of the Raven series. The filtration system continues in the same pattern as previous models with most of the removable screens accessible without needing to disassemble the case. At 9.5"W x 20.8"H x 19.6"L it is smaller than the previous models which has reduced the number of 2.5" and 3.5" drives which will fit into the case; you will have to decide if the smaller size is worth the sacrifice. Check out the sound and temperature levels of this case in [H]ard|OCP's full review.
"The SilverStone Raven series of cases long ago broke the mold when it comes to "normal" computer chassis. Its design execution has always been good and the Ravens' airflow characteristics are excellent. Today SilverStone pushes the new Raven RV05 out there a little bit further in terms of design and function."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 Mid-Tower Chassis @ eTeknix
- Fractal Design Core 3300 Mid Tower Case Review @ Neoseeker
- Silverstone Raven RV05 @ Benchmark Reviews
- Corsair Obsidian Series 450D @ [H]ard|OCP
- BitFenix Neos Mid-Tower Chassis @ eTeknix
- Raidmax Scorpio V Review @ OCC
- Fractal Design Core 3500 @ Benchamrk Review
- Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Mid-Tower @ [H]ard|OCP
- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Case @ Kitguru
- Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full-Tower Case Review @ Legit Reviews
- Aerocool Dead Silence DS200 Mid-Tower @ eTeknix
- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe @ techPowerUp
- BitFenix Recon 5-Channel Touchscreen Fan Controller Review @HiTech Legion
- DeepCool Gabriel Low-Profile CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- Thermaltake NiC C5 @ techPowerUp
- Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- CRYORIG C1 Top-Down CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 19, 2014 - 02:22 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: Silverstone, raven rv05, raven, enclosure, cases, atx case
SilverStone’s Raven series, what I would describe as the “Batmobile” of PC enclosures, has graduated from the Tim Burton-like approach of the RV01, to a little more of a Chris Nolan-reboot feel with its fifth incarnation. Announced today, the RV05 is a sharply angled matte black design sure to strike fear in the hearts of villains everywhere.
In the same move SilverStone is making with the upcoming Fortress series revision, the new Raven eliminates the 5.25" bays from the prior iterations and the result is a much smaller size overall.
Still utilizing the trademark inverted layout of the series, the RV05 includes two of their 180mm "Air Penetrator" fans at the bottom of the case to force warm air upwards and across components. The case also offers support for various watercooling radiators along the bottom in place of the included 180mm fans (up to 120mm x3 or 140mm x2), and 120mm support on the top.
The case retains the full ATX form factor with the new smaller footprint, which is listed as 242mm W x 529mm H x 498mm D - or 9.52” x 20.83” x 19.60” if you aren’t on the metric system.
The SilverStone Raven RV05 will be available next month and will be offered in two versions, the SST-RV05B (black) and SST-RV05B-W (black + window).