Subject: Motherboards | August 9, 2011 - 03:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, rampage III, ROG, X58
If you fell the inescapable need to overclock your CPU to insane speeds and get the bit of extra oomph that triple channel DDR3 can provide then the ASUS Rampage III is the ~$600 motherboard for you. [H]ard|OCP recently reviewed the board and its incredible list of extra components, even going so far as trying to kill it in a three day incubation test. Four PCIe 16x slots (dual 16x, quad 8x), two PCIe 1x slots, two SATA Gbp/s ports, a half dozen SATAII ports with two eSATA round out the internal connections. Externally two USB 3.0 ports and eleven USB 2.0 ports will get your peripheral connected and there is not only a normal gigabit ethernet connection, they included wireless and a KillerNIC which happens to be on an ASUS ThunderBolt card. Read on at [H]ard|OCP.
"While P67 and Z68 is all the rage, if you are looking for the most powerful computing system money can buy, then X58 is still it. ASUS promises to deliver everything you expect out of X58 and then some with its latest Republic of Gamers branded board. If you are looking for the ultimate X58 motherboard, it's the Rampage III Black Edition."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Sapphire Pure Platinum Z68 Motherboard caught on camera @ eTeknix
- Sapphire Pureblack P67 Hydra @ XSReviews
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z @ Tweaktown
- Asus Maximus IV Extreme Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- Gigabyte G1.Sniper and GA-X58A-OC: LGA1366 Mainboards for Gamers and Enthusiasts @ X-bit Labs
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 2: A Preview @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 GEN 3 Intel Motherboard Review @ TechwareLabs
- Roundup: Eight Mini-ITX Mainboards for LGA1155 Processors @ X-bit Labs
- ASUS Rampage III Black Edition @ Bjorn3D
- BIOS Option Of The Week - USB Mass Storage Reset Delay @ TechARP
- Understanding All Voltage Configurations from the Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS F1A75-M PRO Motherboard Review @Hi Tech Legion
- ASUS F1A75-V PRO vs ECS A75F-A vs Gigabyte A75-D3H @ t-break
- Biostar TA75A+ Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe Review @ Neoseeker
- ASRock A75 Pro4 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS E35M1-M Pro Motherboard Review @ Neoseeker
Subject: Motherboards | April 26, 2011 - 03:12 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: X58, rampage III, rampage 3, lga1366, ich10r, black edition, asus
Fremont, CA (April 25, 2011) - ASUS Republic Of Gamers (ROG), the most innovative and award winning enthusiast and gaming motherboard brand, is excited to introduce the Rampage III Black Edition. Team ROG is resetting the bar by which motherboards are judged by incorporating new levels of design, quality, functionality and connectivity that enthusiasts and gamers demand in current products.
Years of Refinement – Today’s Latest Technology
The Rampage III Black Edition combines the years of continued refinement and innovative design its industry leading engineering staff brings to the ROG brand into one board. Not only does the Black Edition board sport the latest design aesthetics featuring a superb layout, ultra-modern finishes, and a revised thermal cooling solution it also features incredible performance.
ASUS has always pushed the performance envelope and the limits of designs with ROG motherboards and the Black Edition is no exception. After listening closely to the gaming and enthusiast communities’ feedback and combining the expertise of ASUS’ performance gurus Peter “Shamino” Tan and Andre Yang, the Rampage III Black Edition provides the most robust and extensive BIOS, software and connectivity options available on a motherboard. It is this dedication to the user community and continual product improvements that separates ASUS ROG from the imitators.
Leading Connectivity for the Gamer and PC Enthusiast
The Rampage III Black Edition meets the needs of gamers and enthusiasts alike when it comes to expandability options. The board begins by offering dual-slot GPU spacing to optimize airflow along with (4) PCI-E x16 expansion slots. In addition the Black Edition offers a multitude of leading I/O standards such as USB 3 , SATA 6G, eSATA, Bluetooth 3.0 and 802.11N WiFi. In addition the board features both Intel Gigabit LAN and BIGFOOT Networks Killer™ NIC LAN technology for the best possible online multimedia and gaming experience. The Black Edition motherboard ensures the latest connectivity standards are available for gamers and enthusiasts alike, something the imitators are unable to offer.
Digital Power Delivery and Design – Only the Best for ROG
Like all ROG motherboards, the Rampage III Black Edition uses the latest in high quality and durable components to ensure trouble free operation and long life. Leaving the constraints of analog designs from imitating brands behind, the Black Edition takes the performance leading and award winning ASUS Extreme Engine Digi+ design of the Rampage III Extreme and pushes it even further. Utilization of a super alloy choke and a high-quality dual proadlizer design ensures extremely low ESL and ESR as well as high capacitance and current capabilities for cooler operation while gaming along with leading performance when overclocking. These superior design elements are brought together with ASUS’ other innovative designs such as ROG Connect, OC Zone and AI Suite to give gamers and enthusiasts gamers a board that stands above the rest.
Ultimate Immersion and Superior Performance
Republic Of Gamers always pushes the limits of hardware design and now takes this commitment to the next level with the ThunderBolt card. The ThunderBolt combines the award winning designs of ASUS’ Xonar audio cards as well as specifically designed high performance DAC and headphone amp for the ultimate in ear fidelity and in game positioning. In addition the ThunderBolt card integrates cutting-edge gaming technology from BIGFOOT Networks Killer™ NIC series and brings them together into one card. Plugging the Thunderbolt card into an open PCI-E slot ensures an immersive audio experience and stunning networking performance in a unique design that competing imitators do not offer.
Intel LGA1366 socket for Intel Corei7 Processor Extreme Edition / Core™i7 Processor with optimizations for Gulftown 32m based CPUs.
- Intel® X58/ ICH10R
- ROG ThunderBolt LAN/Audio Combo with High Quality AMP for headphones , Based on Xonar Audio Design and Killer™ NIC E2100 NPU (that is the add-in card you can see on the board)
- Bluetooth v3.0+HS with 802.11n WIFI Support
- Extreme Engine Digi+ - Powerful combination of analog and digital design elements for Ultimate VRM Performance
- True USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s Support.