Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 29, 2013 - 10:46 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, Kingwin, Power Force 850W, modular psu
Kingwin's $110 Power Force 850W PSU is not as well appointed as other 850W PSUs but is also much lower in price. With four 6/8 pin PCIe connectors and 8 SATA power connectors some users might feel a bit cramped but with 70A of power on the 12V line it seems that the unit can be useful for many. [H]ard|OCP tested the PSU to see if it is indeed worth the purchase price and were glad to see it pass all their tests, though perhaps not with flying colours. This is the first Power Force PSU that they have seen, if Kingwin can keep the quality high and the price low they may make some inroads into recognized PSU suppliers.
"While not a "go to" enthusiast brand, Kingwin has produced some excellent computer desktop power supplies over the last five years and these have usually be great values. Does Kingwin continue the trend with its new Power Force 850W model sporting good efficiency, modular cabling, and reasonable pricing."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- LEPA G1000-MA 1000 Watt Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- EVGA SuperNova NEX 1500W Classified @ Hardware.info
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 750W @ Kitguru
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 750 W @ techPowerUp
- PC Power and Cooling MK III Silencer 750 @ Guru of 3D
- XFX PRO 850 W Black Edition Full Modular Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Corsair AX760 PSU @ Guru of 3D
- Cougar PowerX 550W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Thermaltake Smart-M 750W Modular Power Supply @ Funky Kit
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Affordable Gold from Seasonic: G-360 and G-550 Power Supplies @ X-bit Labs
- Cougar GX 800W Power Supply @ Kitguru
- Fractal Design Integra R2 750W 80 PLUS Bronze @ Tweaktown
- Why Is Your Power Supply Important? @ TechwareLabs
Get notified when we go live!