Subject: General Tech | May 1, 2013 - 07:03 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, mod, duke nukem, obsessive
You might think you expressed your disappointment about the pile of garbage that was Duke Nukem Forever by posting scathing reviews online, but you have nothing on these modders who attempted to create the Duke we were all promised by modding Duke Nukem 3D. If you still have the DN3D kicking around, or at least the DUKE3D.GRP file you can head to ModDB and download a 30MB mod which will expand Las Vegas far beyond the original game. Don't expect miracles, they can only reuse existing assets but they certainly impressed Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN who posted a trailer-ish movie of the mod in action.
"A group of modders have been busily attempting to rewrite history – by recreating the game that 2001 trailer suggested in good old Duke Nukem 3D. Given they suffered a degree of 3D Realms-esque hubris in their struggle to finish the thing, are these the first Method Developers?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hurrah! – Defense Grid 2 Funded By Secret Investor @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- New GTA V trailer details the lives of the three protagonists @ HEXUS
- Impressions: Neverwinter @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- BioShock Infinite PC @ eTeknix
- Chapter & Verse Of Space Hulk @ Rock, PAper, ShHOTGUN
- God of War: Ascension PlayStation 3 @ eTeknix
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Xbox 360 @ Tweaktown