Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 5, 2014 - 12:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: evga, EVGA SuperNOVA, 650W, NEX650G, 80 Plus Gold, modular psu
The EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G Gold is a 650W PSU capable of delivering 20A on each of it's 12V rails with a maximum of 53A in total. As it comes with four 6+2 pin PCIe power connectors and an extra 6 pin it should be able to handle multiple mid-range GPUs, though as [H]ard|OCP discovered it can get quite loud under full load. As it can be purchased for under $100 it is a 'good enough' choice for many enthusiasts who don't need a kilowatt nor have a lot of money to spend. It may not stand out in the crowd but it certainly passed every test [H] threw at it.
"EVGA does not have a lot to say about its SuperNOVA NEX650G Gold Power Supply. It does however mention it being designed with enthusiast needs, and this PSU being the "the best choice to power next generation enthusiast computers" with exceptional features, and stunning efficiency. We of course will be the judge of those claims."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master V850 850W @ [H]ard|OCP
- Seasonic G Series V2 550 W @ techPowerUp
- Cougar MX500 and PowerX 550W @ Legion Hardware
- Antec GX500 @ techPowerUp
- Bitfenix Fury Gold 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Antec High Current Pro Platinum 850W PSU @ Kitguru
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Cooler Master V1200 Platinum @ Kitguru
- Seasonic Platinum 1200W Modular PSU @ Kitguru
- Cooler Master V Series Platinum 1200 W @ techPowerUp
- Corsair AXi Series 1500 W @ techPowerUp
- Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply @ Kitguru
- eXtreme PSU Calculator Update @ eXtreme Outer Vision
Get notified when we go live!