Subject: Storage | August 19, 2014 - 02:04 PM | Allyn Malventano
Tagged: western digital, portable, my passport, hdd
It's the 10th anniversary of Western Digital's My Passport line. To celebrate the occasion, they have launched an updated series:
The My Passport Ultra is available in 1TB and 2TB capacities, in both 'Metal' and 'Anniversary' Editions. The aluminum enclosures have an old-school radio-dial style finish. Both editions communicate over USB 3.0. While the Anniversary model comes out in September, the Metal Edition is now shipping at $89 for 1TB and $139 for 2TB.
Subject: Storage | June 4, 2012 - 03:02 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: western digital, my passport, usb 3.0
Western Digital's line of My Passport portable hard drives have been with us for a while, improving along with the available technology for inexpensive mobile storage. Unfortunately the term inexpensive is used loosely as the industry is still recovering from the disastrous flooding in Thailand, so the 2TB model is just over $200 on NewEgg. However, at that price you get a large amount of storage in a 21 x 82 x 111mm (0.82" x 20" x 4.4") device and since it uses USB 3.0 you won't have to wait all day for transfers. TechARP's testing had it beating almost every device for transfer speed, with only OCZ's 64GB Enyo offering competition on a handful of tests.
"Western Digital has a wide variety of external storage products for both the PC and Mac markets. The external drives are available in both large desktop and smaller portable formats. Under the portable segment alone, Western Digital offers five drive families for the PC, and three drive families for the Mac.
Today, we are going to take a look at their latest portable hard disk drive for the PC market - the 2 TB Western Digital My Passport (USB 3.0)."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Kingston DataTraveler Micro 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Review @ NikKTech
- NZXT Aperture M Multimedia Card Reader and USB 3.0 Hub Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP Rack Mount 10GbE NAS @ Tweaktown
- LaCie's 2big NAS @ AnandTech
- Bytepac Eco Friendly HDD Enclosure @ Nitroware
- LaCie 2Big NAS 6TB @ TechwareLabs
- QNAP 3.6x NAS Software Deep Dive @ Tweaktown
- NZXT Aperture M Card Reader Review @ Ninjalane
- Crucial Adrenaline Review @ HCW
- OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB and 512 GB Solid State Drives @ X-bit Labs
- OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD Review @ Neoseeker
- Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB & Chronos 240GB SSD @ Kitguru
- MemoRight MS-701 240GB mSATA SSD @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB and SSDNow V+200 240GB @ TechSpot
- OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD @ Kitguru
- Monster Digital 400GB Le Mans SSD @ SSD Review
- Visiontek GoDrive 60GB and Racer Series 120GB SSD @ Kitguru
- VisionTek Racer 120GB SSD Review @ Neoseeker
- CoreRise Comay Venus Pro 3 SSD @ Benchmark Reviews
- SSD Migration or Fresh System Installation - An SSD Primer @ SSD Review
- Solid-state revolution: in-depth on how SSDs really work @ Ars Technica