Subject: General Tech | January 29, 2014 - 02:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, morrowind, skyrim, mod, skywind
The long awaited mod is still in development, recreating Morrowind with the improved Skyrim engine. The alpha is currently available to those who own a copy of both games, Skyrim for the engine and Morrowind for the actual game content. There is a lot of work to be done uniting the games, skill trees are different as well as the differences in the armour system. With a complete redo of every texture as well as the incorporation of all of Morrowind's content this is a major project but it seems Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN has good reason to believe this mod will continue being developed as there is quite a bit of action on their forums as well as the preview video they just posted.
"I'm so used to these modern conversions of old games stalling mid-development, that I immediately approach them with skepticism. There’s now enough here that I’m starting to open up my hope glands and spurt optimism juice all over my clothes. It’s kind of a problem."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Might & Magic X Legacy arrives on Steam today @ Polygon
- Wot I Think – Might & Magic X: Legacy @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- KG talks Alien: Isolation with Creative Assembly
- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition @ The Inquirer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Is Really Very Expensive @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Three Minutes Of BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Knack PlayStation 4 @ eTeknix
- Sony will bring PS One and PS2 games to the PS4 @ The Inquirer
Get notified when we go live!