Subject: General Tech | August 12, 2011 - 03:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, monster cable
The Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Headphones are made by everyone's favourite overpriced cable vendor, Monster Cable, helping to explain the $300 price tag ($350 direct from Monster Cable). [H]ard|OCP nevertheless forged ahead with reviewing them, hoping that perhaps this time Monster Cable produced something worth the price of admission. They compared them to similarly priced headsets from Beyer-Dynamic, which outclassed the Beats Headphones in every metric, as did the studio quality Audio-Technica M50 they tried. Their final verdict is not kind.
"Few brands of headphones have achieved popularity and consumer adoption as quickly as Monster's Beats by Dre series. We recently purchased our own pair of the Beats' Studio Edition headphones to tell you if these are merely marketing fluff or the "real deal.""
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- SteelSeries Spectrum 7XB Wireless Headset Review @ Real World Labs
- Jabra Stone2 Bluetooth Headset Review @ Tech-Reviews
- Snowball Professional Microphone Review @ Tech-Reviews
- SteelSeries Spectrum 7xb Wireless Gaming Headset Review @ Legit Reviews
- MANHATTAN 2800 Acoustic Series BT Bookshelf Speaker Review @MissingRemote
- Hercules XPS Diamond 2.0 USB Speakers Review @ t-break
- ASUS Xonar DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card Review @Hi Tech Legion