Subject: Motherboards | October 3, 2011 - 01:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, maximus iv extreme, lga1155, p67, NF200, x68
The ASSU Republic of Gamers is a fast growing family line, the newest arrival being the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme. That pairs the Intel X68 chipset with the nForce 200 MCP to give you additional PCIe lanes. In fact you can manually tweak the PCIe lanes assigned to the PCI3 16x slots, a feature that experienced overclockers will probably use frequently. Speaking to the overclockers, [H]ard|OCP wanted to stress two very important capabilities of the board, not only did it hit 5.1GHz at a CPU voltage of 1.475v, it also boasted the lowest temperatures that [H] saw on their watercooling rig. This board is not for the plug and play crowd but for the enthusiast crowd it will shine.
"ASUS expands its Intel based Republic of Gamers line once again with the Maximus IV Extreme. This motherboard has a lot to live up to as each Maximus before this was nothing short of excellent and quite possibly the best motherboards available at the time of release. The Maximus IV Extreme continues the tradition and exceeds expectations."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 2 @ [H]ard|OCP
- MSI Z68A-GD80-G3 @ kitguru
- Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68 @ kitguru
- MSI Z68A GD65 G3 @ OC3D
- Intel D525MW Motherboard Review @ Hardware Secrets
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Refresh Mode Select @ TechARP
- ECS A55F-A Review @ t-break
- Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (PT-A8A75) @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe @ Tweaktown
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ Motherboard Review @ Neoseeker
- ASUS F1A75-V Pro Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe Review – Llano and Mini-ITX @ AnandTech
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe @ kitguru
Subject: Editorial, General Tech, Motherboards | April 25, 2011 - 03:19 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: p67 b3, maximus iv extreme, giveaway, contest, asus
As you can no doubt tell, PC Perspective got a HUGE and much needed facelift recently to what we are internally calling "PC Perspective v4.0". I know there are still some kinks to work out and we are actively addressing any feedback from our readers in this comment thread.
But we want to celebrate the launch of the new site in style!! Some of our site sponsors have very generously offered up some prizes for us to give out throughout the coming days...
The sixth prize is truly a killer motherboard, the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme P67 B3!
This motherboard from ASUS has just about anything an enthusiast could ask for including:
- ROG Connect: Plug and Overclock - Tweak it the hardcore way!
- ROG iDirect : Tune your PC from your iPhone or iPad now!
- RC Bluetooth: Smashes through all the barriers of conventional overclocking!
- Extreme Engine Digi+: Smashes through all the barriers of conventional overclocking!
- USB BIOS Flashback: Refresh the BIOS can never be that easy
How can you win this wonderful piece of engineering that currently sells for more than $360???
Couldn't be easier: post a comment in this post thanking ASUS for its sponsorship of PC Perspective as well as any ideas you have for the NEXT super-motherboard. What other features would you like to see from ASUS?
You should probably have a registered account or at least be sure you include your email address in the appropriate field so we can contact you!
We will pick the winners soon and move on to the next hardware that finds its way to PC Perspective offices. Good luck and thanks for reading!!