Introduction and Features
Kingwin has just released the fifth and most powerful unit in their top-of-the-line Lazer Platinum Series, the LZP-1000. As you might guess, all of the Lazer Platinum Series power supplies are 80Plus Platinum certified, which means they should deliver top efficiency (up to 90%, 92% and 89% efficiency @ 20%, 50% and 100% load). The LZP-1000 PSU we have up for review comes with a full compliment of fixed and modular cables, a very quiet 140mm fan and includes universal AC input with Active PFC. A new feature found on the LZP-1000 is the ability to run in fanless mode at low to mid power levels thanks to Kingwin's ECO Thermal Control System and 2-way Thermal Control switch. The LZP-1000 is designed to support the latest Intel and AMD processors along with multiple high-end graphic adapters (Crossfire/SLI/3 Way SLI).
Kingwin LZP-1000 PSU Key Features:
• 1,000W total continuous power; Easily Overclocked to 650W
• 80 PLUS® Platinum Certified: 90%, 92% and 89% Efficiency @ 20%, 50% and 100% Load
• 140MM Fan with Intelligent Auto Fan Speed Control
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System (Patent)
• 2-Way Thermal Control switch (fanless at low power or fan on all the time)
• Supports Intel Core i7-980X/Core i7/Core i5/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo and
• AMD Phenom II x6/Phenom II X4/Phenom II X3/Athlon 64 X2 CPUs
• Compliance with ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 Specifications
• Crystal Cube Modular Plugs w/ Patented Power Connector Cable Management System
• Six PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors to support high-end graphic cards
• Stable +12V current; 83A (996W)
• Over Power/Under Power/Over Voltage/Short Circuit Protections
• Universal AC input (115V ~ 240V) with Active PFC
• 5-Year warranty
Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 12, 2012 - 11:27 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, Kingwin, LZP-1000, kilowatt, 80 Plus Platinum, modular psu
For those systems with multiple GPUs and serious storage a 500W PSU just won't cut it, you need to look to the 1000W+ models. Of course with great power comes great cost, so having an 80 Plus Platinum rating can be a good thing. The Kingwin LZP-1000 will give you both the power and efficiency with modular cabling to ensure your case stays nice and clean. At the sticker price of $230 [H]ard|OCP calls this PSU a steal, top notch performance at a bargain price. Check out this Gold Award winning PSU at [H].
"Kingwin does not bring a huge number of power supplies for review, but when it does bring one to our attention it is usually a very worthy competitor. Today is no different. This new 1 kilowatt computer power supply brandishes sought after modular connections along with a very efficient design that has very much impressed us."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- NZXT Hale82 750W Powersupply @ Rbmods
- Seasonic X-1050 1050W @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte Sumo Power Silver 900 W @ techPowerUp
- Enermax Platimax 1500 W @ techPowerUp
- OCZ ZT Series 650W Power Supply (OCZ-ZS650W) @ Bjorn3D
Get notified when we go live!