Subject: General Tech | April 30, 2014 - 01:57 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, stalker, lost alpha, kick ass
Reviving old games with new mods has become a popular past time for programmers and gamers alike, with one popular target being S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which has seen it's original form released for free as well as other rather impressive mods. After a long six year wait, there is another huge mod for the game now available, the Lost Alpha Standalone which does not even require you to own the full game to play as it uses the released original game. There will be bugs, you will suffer some pain but wasn't that the best part about the game? Head to Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN for links to a preview movie and the official torrent.
"It’s been in development for five years and is now available, slightly earlier than originally planned. There are download links (including an official torrent) over at Moddb and you won’t need to have the original game installed to play. I want to spend my day in the Zone."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD Mantle Patch for THIEF on Intel 3570K CPU @ Legit Reviews
- PC Gaming on Ubuntu Linux @ Benchmark Reviews
- Global PC games market revenue overtakes consoles @ HEXUS
- Cramming: Deus Ex ‘Re-imagining’ Mod Coming Soon-ish @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Golly Gee: BioShock And Deus Ex Sure Look Nice In UE4 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Trials Fusion Review: Future Stunt Biking, Slightly Exaggerated @ Techgage
- How much RAM do I really need for gaming? @ PC Review
Get notified when we go live!