Subject: Systems | February 29, 2012 - 01:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: htpc, Lian Li, Lian Li PC-Q25
Lian Li's PC-Q25 has a look to it that mimics other HTPCs but adds a few interesting tweaks to the basic block design other cases sport. At 199mm x 280mm x 366mm it will only fit mATX or mDTX motherboards but it is long enough to handle graphics cards up to 12.5" in length. The brushed aluminium exterior is meant to be shown off, not hidden with other components and could be a nice addition to any room devoted to entertainment. Missing Remote was a little disappointed that even though the case can accomodate two decent sized graphics cards it cannot handle a long PSU. Apart from that they like what Lian Li is doing.
"The Fractal Design Array R2 chassis instantly recalled for us the decidedly niche, but incredibly functional, cube-style cases popular a few years ago. which were incredibly niche but very functional. The R2 was flexible, silent and sleek in a very limited amount of space. The Lian Li PC-Q25 chassis shares many of the same appealing traits, but goes for a taller design in a similar footprint. This allows it some interesting arrangements inside and allows for even more internal storage options. As a small form factor case there are always trade-offs to be made, and the omission of an optical drive space is just one of them. With some very attractive features in a small form factor cube-like chassis, the Lian Li PC-Q25 has a lot to offer a variety of consumers, which we will examine closer."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Patriot Memory PBO Alpine Media Player @ [H]ard|OCP
- AC Ryan Playon!HD Mini 2 Full HD Network Media Streamer Review @ Madshrimps
- Noontec A9 Smart TV Box Review @ eTeknix
- Noontec A9 Android Smart TV Box Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX HTPC Case @MissingRemote
- VooMote Zapper Universal Remote for the iPod/iPhone/iPad Review @ MissingRemote
- Lian Li PC-90 HPTX Chassis Review @ MissingRemote
- Pulse-Eight USB CEC Adapter @ AnandTech
Get notified when we go live!