Subject: Cases and Cooling | July 11, 2014 - 02:55 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Kraken X61, nzxt, AIO, water cooling
NZXT's new Kraken X61 has a new trick up its sleeving, a variable speed pump for those who want as quiet a cooler as possible. [H]ard|OCP found that the design was so efficient and quiet that they really didn't need that feature but for those with sensitive ears it might be a perfect solution. The performance was on par with many of the other AIO coolers they have tested however the price was higher at ~$140 which may be a deal breaker for some. The other possible barrier for potential purchasers is the lack of documentation for both the physical installation and the software; experienced users will not be daunted by this but those who are not comfortable with muddling around in advanced settings and mounting coolers may want to print out the online docs before attempting to use the X61.
"NZXT is known to many enthusiasts for its computer cases but not so much for its Kraken series of CPU closed loop liquid coolers. After a year of design NZXT has introduced its new Kraken X61. Its claim to fame is that it is the "world's first variable speed liquid cooler." Let's see what this variable RPM pump does for the new Kraken."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Deepcool Gamer Storm Maelstrom 240 @ techPowerUp
- Swiftech Apogee XL CPU Block Review @HiTech Legion
- Cooler Master Seidon 120XL Liquid Cooler Review @ Neoseeker
- Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler @ Kitguru
- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Review @ OCC
- NZXT Phantom 240 Case Review @ Neoseeker
- DimasTech EasyXL Test Bench Review @ Modders-Inc
- Raidmax Horus MX Micro ATX Tower Review @ NikKTech
- In Win S-Frame @ techPowerUp
- In Win S-Frame Open Air Case Review @ Hardware Asylum
- Rosewill Legacy W1 Mini-ITX @ Benchmark Reviews
- Thermaltake Core V71 Full Tower Chassis @ eTeknix
- Thermaltake Urban T81 Full Tower Case Review @ Neoseeker
- SilentiumPC Aquarius X90 Mid-Tower Case Review @ Madshrimps
- BitFenix Comrade M-ATX Chassis @ eTeknix
Get notified when we go live!