Subject: Motherboards | February 20, 2014 - 03:29 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: z87, Killer Fatal1ty, asrock
ASRock has picked up some impressive branding recently but the question of performance remains. They have been in the motherboard business for a while but have always been considered a bargain brand by most enthusiasts. [H]ard|OCP reviewed their flagship Z87 board recently to see if perhaps it is time to reconsider that impression. With three PCIe 3.0 16x slots and four PCIe 2.0 1x slots it does seem a high end motherboard and the inclusion of an onboard KillerNIC may also attract some attention. If this board really wants to attract attention it is the overclocking and stability which really matter and seeing as how it finished the review wearing a gold medal you can get a rough idea of how that testing went. Read the full review to see ASRock's impressive Killer Fatal1ty board in action.
"If you’re a long time reader of HardOCP then you probably know we are not huge fans of ASRock as a brand overall. Recently we purchased a new motherboard to spend some time with the ASRock Z87 KILLER FATAL1TY, and as a result our opinions are changing. Is that change for the better or for worse?"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- EVGA Z87 Stinger (Intel LGA 1150) @ techPowerUp
- ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC @ X-bit Labs
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
- ASRock Z87 Extreme11/ac @ SSD Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5 TH Intel Z87 Thunderbolt Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS Z87I-PRO (Intel LGA 1150) @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Motherboard Review @ Modders-Inc
- MSI Z87I Gaming AC Mini-ITX @ Kitguru
- ASUS A88X-PRO AMD FM2+ Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 AMD FM2+ Motherboard Review @ OCIA
- ECS KBN-I + AMD E1-2100 "Kabini" APU @ Phoronix
Get notified when we go live!