Subject: General Tech | November 19, 2013 - 02:16 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: foxconn, apple, iphone 5c, iphone 5s
It would seem that the lower priced iPhone 5c is not very popular with Apple fans as the 5s model has sold twice as many units. This has required some changes be made to production lines at Foxconn and Pegatron as Apple's sales estimates of the two models were way off. Until the lines can be retooled to ramp up production of the more expensive model you can expect to wait a bit for your shiny new iThang to arrive. DigiTimes doesn't mention what will happen to existing supplies of 5c's, they may simply age in a warehouse until someone is willing to pay full price for one.
"Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Foxconn is shutting down production of the iPhone 5c in one of its factories in order to shift production to the higher-end iPhone 5s, sources claim."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Blackberry shows off its Porsche designed Z10 smartphone @ The Inquirer
- How Perl and R Reveal the United States' Isolation In the TPP Negotiations @ Slashdot
- Salvaging Gold From Old Electronics @ Hack a Day
- Beginners Guide: How To Install/Remove Intel Socket LGA1156 CPU and Heatsink @ PCSTATS
Subject: Mobile | September 20, 2013 - 02:26 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: jailbreak, iphone 5s, iphone 5c, iphone, ios 7
The Tech Report loves a good Apple release, even if things didn't go as smoothly on the supply side as many had hoped. They haven't had time to do a full review of either the iPhone 5C or 5S but they did put together an overview of the two devices which you can read here. The new phones were not the only new release from Apple, iOS7 became available for iPhone and iPad users and it has failed to impress them. While it is certainly usable and not unattractive The Tech Report feels that some of the elegance of design has faded and the special feeling they had because they owned an iThing is no longer there. If you haven't upgraded because you have jailbroken your iPhone they won't judge you too harshly and have put together a post describing how to un-jailbreak that phone so you can join with the cool kids of iOS7 and wait for the chance to unlock the new OS when the steps for that are posted; likely in the very near future.
"Today, it's the turn of our resident Mac blogger, Jason Fox, to blog about his upgrade to iOS 7. Fox also recounts the process of un-jailbreaking his iPhone to accommodate the new software update."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Apple iOS 7 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Lockscreen exploit discovered in iOS 7 @ The Inquirer
- iPhone 5S teardown on release day: Touch ID sensor, A7 SoC, but M7 coprocessor is mysteriously missing @ ExtremeTech
- iPhone 5C hands-on @ The Inquirer
- HTC One Red Smartphone @ Kitguru
- ASUS Memo Pad FHD 10 @ Hardware.info
- ASUS Google Nexus 7 2013 @ Hardware.info
- iconBIT NetTAB THOR QUAD MX NT-1006T Tablet Review @ Madshrimps
- Google Nexus 7 Review: The Android Tablet to Beat @ Techspot
- Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10 Review @ TechReviewSource
- MSI GT70-2OD review: The ultimate gaming laptop @ Hardware.info
- Alienware 18 Gaming Notebook @ AnandTech
- MSI GE40-2OC review: 14-inch gaming laptop with GTX 760M @ Hardware.info
- Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5277 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Club3D SenseVision Multi Stream Transport DisplayPort Hub @ eTeknix