Subject: Storage | February 5, 2013 - 12:16 AM | Tim Verry
Tagged: ssd, SandForce SF-2281, sandforce, mlc, intel 335, Intel
Intel has added a new drive to its existing 335 SSD series. The new drive offers up 180GB of storage, but maintains the same level of read and write performance as its larger 240GB sibling.
The 180GB version uses 20nm MLC NAND flash paired with a SandForce SF-2281 controller. According to the Intel-provided spec sheet (PDF), the new drive is capable of sustained read and write speeds of 500 MB/s and 450 MB/s respectively. Further, the drive maxes out at 42,000 random read IOPS and 52,000 random write IOPS.
The drive will come in the 2.5” form factor, but is 9.5mm thick (meaning it will not work in all notebooks). Reportedly, Intel has redesigned the casing to include a schematic/blueprint graphic alongside the Intel logo.
Intel rates the 180GB 335 series SSD at 1.2 million MTBF and is warranted for three years. The drive can currently be found online for around $180, making it right around the $1/GB mark. Interestingly, the larger 240GB model is currently retailing for around $195. Therefore, if you can spare the extra $15, the 240GB model is the better deal.
Podcast #225 - Intel's New Low Priced 240GB SSD, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Convertible Ultrabook, AMD ARM processors, and more!
Subject: General Tech | November 1, 2012 - 12:04 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: z77a-gd80, yoga 13, thunderbolt, podcast, pcper, msi, Lenovo, intel ssd, intel 335, Intel, Ideapad, asus, arm, amd
PC Perspective Podcast #225 - 11/01/2012
Join us this week as we talk about Intel's New Low Priced 240GB SSD, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Convertible Ultrabook, AMD ARM processors, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts:Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Allyn Malventano, and Chris Barbere
Program length: 1:10:09
Podcast topics of discussion:
- Week in Reviews:
- 0:29:22 This Podcast is brought to you by MSI!
News items of interest:
- 0:30:35 Corsair Announces new products
- 0:36:10 ASUS Launches Line of VivoBook Laptops Running Windows 8
- 0:42:05 How to Build a PC with Windows 8 - PC Perspective Live!
- 0:43:50 Microsoft Giving Away Free Media Center Keys For Windows 8
- 0:46:30 ASRock Launches Extreme6/TB4 Motherboard With Two Thunderbolt Ports
- 0:47:30 AMD Announces It Will Build 64-bit ARM Processors for Server Markets
- 0:53:15 Intel Wants To See 48-Core Processors In Future Smartphones
- 0:56:30 NZXT Unleashes the Kraken -- World's first all-in-one 140mm & 280mm liquid-cooler
1:00:20 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- Ryan: Symphony on Steam - Free Keys to Give Away!!
- Jeremy: Grab media centre, even if you don't plan on getting Win 8 yet
- Allyn: Start8 - for you Windows 8 users
- Chris: MechWarrior Online
- 1:00:20 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- 1-888-38-PCPER or firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Get notified when we go live!