Subject: Motherboards | August 24, 2011 - 01:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, Z68XP-UD3-iSSD, Intel SRT, intel 311
Gigabyte has been talking about releasing a Z68 board with an integrated Intel 310 series drive since CES and they have finally released it. The Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD ships with a 20GB Intel 311 SSD already installed to let you take advantage of Intel SRT right off the bat. Power users will be glad to know it is not integral and can be swapped out with a 40GB or 60GB model if you deem it necessary for your continued happiness. That is just one of the huge list of features on Gigabyte's new board, which only seems to be missing support for 4 way CrossFire or SLI which when you look at the minuscule gains it provides is not a problem at all. Head over to Legit Reviews to see this $240 monster run.
"It's not very often that something throws me for a loop, at least not when it comes to motherboards any more. That's exactly what happened when I first heard about the GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3-iSSD! My first thoughts were that it's a great idea, followed by that boards has to cost a pretty penny! After today's testing, I will stand by my initial though of that's a great idea. What truly blew my mind was the price. As I said above, I thought the GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3-iSSD was going to cost a pretty penny, somewhere in the $350-$400. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Z68XP-UD7-iSSD retails for only $239.99! Needless to say I was a bit shocked!"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Rampage III Gene X58 LGA1366 mATX ROG Motherboard Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H Review and Llano Overclocking @ X-bit Labs
- ASUS P8H67-I (Intel H67) Mini ITX @ Tweaktown
- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 @ Bjorn3D
- Sapphire Pure Platinum H67 Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- Asrock Fata1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASUS Rampage III Black Edition Review @ Neoseeker
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard Review @Hi Tech Legion
- Gigabyte G1-Killer Sniper 2 Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- BIOS Option Of The Week - SSE/SSE2 Instructions @ TechARP
- ECS HDC-I Motherboard Review @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula @ Overclockers.com
- Asus Sabertooth AMD 990FX Motherboard Review @ OCIA
Subject: Motherboards | May 27, 2011 - 07:25 AM | Tim Verry
Tagged: z68, intel 311, gigabyte
Gigabyte has been on the ball as far as new Intel based Z68 motherboard launches go, and today is no different as they announce a new motherboard that will ship with an included Intel 311 mSATA SSD that is ready to power Intel's Smart Response Technology.
The new motherboard has been dubbed the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD, and is a Z68 based affair with an included 20GB SLC caching-ready solid state drive. Richard Chen, the VP of Worldwide Sales and Marketing for the motherboard manufacturer was especially enthusiastic about the launch, stating that "our customers realize the performance benefits that Intel Smart Response Technology has to offer, and the Z68XP-UD3-iSSD is the easiest way for them to instantly take advantage of the performance boost."
The bundle in question will be available from “selected online retailers” worldwide stating in early June of this year. Unfortunately, there is no word on pricing for the motherboard plus SSD; however, if priced right it will no doubt be a boon to first time builders in making their DIY rig that much easier to assemble.
Subject: Motherboards, Storage | May 13, 2011 - 12:26 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: z68, ssd, larson creek, intel 311, smart response technology
One of the more interesting things about the Z68 is Intel's SRT which allows you to utilize a small SSD as a cache for your HDD, allowing you the speed benefits of an SSD in most applications without having to spend the money to buy an SSD large enough to hold all your favourite programs. Legit Reviews tests a 20GB Intel 311 SSD paired with a 600GB WD Velociraptor in both modes, enhanced and maximized to see which offers the greatest benefits. Check out their findings.
"The Intel SSD 311 Series 20GB 'Larson Creek' drive proved itself to be a great cache drive. If you have an Intel Z68 platform that can run Intel Smart Response Technology, it's worth looking into if you have a hard drive for the primary drive and don't want to splurge on an SSD and having to re-install your OS!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Intel 311 Solid State Drive Tests @ Benchmark Reviews
- Z68 SSD Caching with Corsair's F40 SandForce SSD @ AnandTech
- OCZ Vertex 3 (240GB) @ AnandTech
- Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel 311 Larson Creek SSD @ PC Stats
- Enabling and Testing SSD TRIM Support Under Linux @ Techgage
- OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 240GB Solid State @ Tweaktown
- Solid State Drive Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Kingston HyperX Max 3.0 @ HardwareBistro
- Mach Xtreme GX 16 GB USB 3.0 @ techPowerUp
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5 TB Portable (USB 3.0) Hard Disk @ TechARP
- Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling 3.5'' External HDD Enclosure Review @ Madshrimps
- Patriot Supersonic 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review @ ThinkComputers
- ineo I-NA559N Pro 5-Bay NAS Server @ Tweaktown
Get notified when we go live!