Subject: Editorial | December 24, 2012 - 08:36 PM | Ryan Shrout
As we near the hour of Christmas here in the United States I wanted to take a few minutes out of the evening to write a short note to the many fans and readers of PC Perspective. This past year has been one of wide variance both in terms of technology and the website. Without our faithful readers though we would not have been able to get through the last 12 months in as good of shape as we have - and for that we are VERY thankful!
We apologize for the slow release of new posts for you to read, but most of our staff is spending time with family, whether they want to or not, and while we have a couple of reviews queued up, it seems like a waste to post them when many of YOU are in the same boat. If you are looking for some interesting topics to hold you over in the meant time, here are a couple of suggestions:
- The PC Perspective Holiday Gift Guide - Hey, better late than never, right??
- Building a Hackintosh - Step by step guide. Ken and I walk you through the process of building a PC and installing Mac OS X. Might be neat to try in some of your free time this holiday!
- Cutting the Cord Series. Chris recently rebuilt his HTPC and walks through the decisions he made on the hardware, software and configuration. Maybe you too are tired of your cable bill?
- PC Perspective Podcast. What better way to waste some hours by listening to some our staff ramble about PC hardware for hours on end each week? And if you are already a subscriber, maybe you should check back to some OLD episodes and see what hilarity ensued.
- PC Perspective YouTube Channel. Did you know we make videos as well? Sometimes they are funny and sometimes they are about taking apart gadgets. Most of the time they are about hardware.
- And finally, the PC Perspective Forum! This community has some great people in it and if you are looking for help with a hardware problem are maybe just want to find some new friends for some PC gaming, we have a forum for you!
Again, regardless of what you celebrate and why, I want to wish you a great holiday season and be sure you join us on Wednesday night for the LIVE PC Perspective Podcast recording where we will very likely be a little drunk and will mix up the normal rants with some funny stories and predictions.
See you soon!
As the neighborhoods are adorned with lights and reindeer decorations, and the airwaves are ringing with Christmas carols, one realizes that it is that time of year again! Although December arrived much faster than any of us at PC Perspective expected, there is no doubt that time to purchase gifts is running short and this year is almost over.
In keeping with the holiday spirit, the PC Perspective team got into a discussion about items and services that we would want for Christmas and that we felt would make really great gifts for our loved ones. And thus the PC Perspective Holiday Gift Guide 2011 was born!
Get notified when we go live!