Subject: General Tech | September 10, 2013 - 01:10 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Steppe Eagle, SoC, Hierofalcon, GCN, Bald Eagle, amd, Adelaar
AMD have announced their new mobile roadmap and have changed their naming scheme drastically for these new processors. The first of their ARM based processors will be called Hierofalcon and feature up to eight Cortex A57 processors capable of hitting 2GHz with a pair of 64-bit ECC DDR3 or DDR4 memory channels. It will be a true SoC and feature both network and PCIe controllers as well as support for ARM's TrustZone. Bald Eagle will have Steamroller cores and will be low TDP processors with a maximum of 35W and allow you to configure the maximum TDP to even lower levels if you so wish. The final announcement dealt with the new GCN-based embedded series of GPUs called Adelaar which arrive in three different packages, a multi-chip module, a mobile PCIe module and a discrete GPU. You can glean a bit more about these new families at DigiTimes.
"AMD has disclosed its roadmap for the embedded computing market, as it becomes the first company to offer both ARM and x86 processor solutions for low-power and high-performance embedded compute designs. The new lineup includes two x86 accelerated processing units (APUs) and CPUs, a high-performance ARM system-on-chip (SoC) and a new family of discrete AMD Embedded Radeon graphics processing units (GPUs) expected to launch in 2014."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Globalfoundries opens new office in Shanghai @ DigiTimes
- Move over, Atom; Intel's Quark is one-fifth the size @ The Tech Report
- Mcrosoft to unveil new Surface slabs at September 23 event @ The Register
- Can't get enough of flashy upstarts, can you, WD? Firm pays $685m for Virident @ The Register
- Microsoft does a U-turn, releases Windows 8.1 to developers early after all @ The Register
- Rogue Android Skype app is open to premium SMS fraud @ The Inquirer
- EA Selects New BioWare Boss @ [H]ard|OCP
- Apple Unveils iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S @ Slashdot
- iOS 7 will be released on 18 September @ The Inquirer
- How the Cable TV is Used for Internet Access @ Hardware Secrets
- The Tech ARP 2013 Mega Giveaway Contest
Get notified when we go live!