Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 20, 2011 - 03:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Lian Li PC-P90, hammer, Lian Li
The Lian Li PC-P90, also known as the Hammer, is a vertically challenged HPTX case. An HPTX case is a rare bird, but is used in server builds as well as anyone wanting the Extreme Machine from the HWLB as the EVGA SR-2 happens to be an HPTX board. At 230mm (0") by 512mm (20") x 489mm (19") the Hammer is a little shorter than most case that support board of this form factor but Lian Li has managed to pull it off, as well as leaving space for 10 expansion slots and up to a dozen 3.5" disk drives. TechPowerUp was very disappointed with the fact that the expansion slots on the back of the enclosure did not match the SR-2's slots, but did find some nice things to say about it.
"HPTX cases are usually so tall that they do not fit under a normal desk. Lian Li - the company who first offered such a chassis - has managed to shrink things down to mid tower size while still offering HPTX compatibility and the ability to install up to 12 hard drives. We rip the case apart to see how everything is suppose to fit in such cramped spaces."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Fractal Design Arc Midi Case Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Thermaltake Armor A30 Micro ATX Gaming Case Review @ Tweaknews
- BitFenix Shinobi Case Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T @ Hardwareoverclock
- BitFenix Merc Alpha @ Overclock3D
- Diablotek Legend Mid Tower Case Review @ ThinkComputers
- Fractal Design Array R2 Mini-ITX Chassis Review @MissingRemote
- In-Win BUC Midi Tower PC Case Review @ Real World Labs
- Cooler Master Enforcer Review @ Tech-Reviews
- ian Li PC-Q25 Mini-Q SFF Chassis @ Tweaktown
- BitFenix Shinobi Case @ Kitguru
- Akasa Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- SilenX Effizio 80mm and 140mm Fan Review @ OCC
- Ultra Products U12-40659 Carbon X4 Fan Power Cable Mod / Fix @ Frostytech
- NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler @ TechwareLabs
- Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Heatsink @ Frostytech
- Thermaltake Frio OCK & Jing CPU Coolers Review @ Techgage
- Corsair Hydro Series H100 Review @ OCC
Get notified when we go live!