Subject: General Tech | April 22, 2014 - 12:37 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: hack, valve, glados, tf2, kick ass
Hack a Day have been accepting entries to their Sci-Fi contest for long enough that they have a few worth showing off before the entry deadline of April 29th, specifically the Valve themed ones. A table top sized level 1 sentry gun from TF2 is being entered, perhaps not as heavy duty as the one currently guarding Valve HQ but destined to be able to fire paint balls if all goes to plan. There is a French team who are modifying some personal assistant software called RORI into a replica of GLaDOS, hopefully a version at least slightly less murderous than the original while another team is going about creating a physical version of the homicidal AI complete with a camera to allow face tracking. Check these entrants and other in the full Hack a Day post.
"While most of the entries to our Sci-Fi contest come from movies and TV shows, a select few are based on the Valve universe, including a few builds based on Portal and Team Fortress 2."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- It's a done deal! Microsoft-Nokia merger to close on Friday @ The Register
- Troubleshooting Linux Applications Without Using the Command Line @ Linux.com
- Cooling module makers to further reduce mobile device heat pipe thickness; expect penetration rate of over 15% @ DigiTimes
- How to Install and Try Linux the Absolutely Easiest and Safest Way @ Linux.com
- Linksys EA6900 AC1900 802.11ac Dual- Band Wireless Router @ eTeknix
- Microsoft’s Office in the Cloud: Office 365 Review @ Techgage
- Samsung Gear Fit @ The Inquirer
- AMD posts $1.4bn in sales, beats Wall Street moneymen's predictions @ The Register
- D-Link DCS-2330L HD Wireless Network Camera @ Phoronix
- OpenSSL Heartbleed bug sniff tools are 'BUGGY' – what becomes of the broken hearted? @ The Register
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat @ The Register
- Intentional Backdoor In Consumer Routers Found @ Slashdot
Get notified when we go live!