Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 24, 2013 - 03:40 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: TR2, thermaltake, seasonic, PowerX, in win, GS600, G Series, Dark Power Pro 10, CX600M, Cougar, corsair, Commander III, be quiet!
There is a roundup over at Legit Reviews, with seven 550-600W PSUs of which only two models will cost you more than $100. They are a mix of 80 PLUS Bronze and Gold, some are partially modular others non-modular and of course, they offer differing power quality and acoustic performance. In this case the most expensive PSU also came out as the winner, but pay attention to the PSU in second place which costs half as much as the Dark Power Pro 10.
"It is natural for an enthusiast to be dazzled by monsters such as the Corsair AX1200i and the Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W; however, even the majority of the enthusiasts would not actually purchase such a beast. It is (or should be) common knowledge that even a very good gaming system does not demand more than 300W-350W and thus, as power supplies are being designed to optimally perform at about 50% capacity, 550W-600W units are plenty for the vast majority of gamers and common users. It is only with multiple video cards, large raid arrays and other “specialized” designs that power requirements may increase substantially. Knowing that and realizing the need to offer our readers insight on products which truly are of interest to them, today we bring you a roundup review of seven quality 550W-600W power supplies..."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Antec VP550F 550 W @ techPowerUp
- bequiet! Pure Power L8 400W @ Kitguru
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Unit @ NikKTech
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- Enermax Triathlor FC 700W Power Supply Unit @ NikKTech
- OCZ Power Supply Roundup @ Kitguru
- Cooler Master V-series 1000W @ Hardware.info
- Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750M PSU Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- The big Haswell PSU compatibility list @ The Tech Report
- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Update
Introduction and Features
Seasonic’s G Series includes four new power supplies ranging in output capacity from 360W up to 650W. The G Series was designed for customers who are building small to mid-size systems and they offer high quality but without all the bells and whistles of Seasonic’s popular Platinum and X Series. The new G Series is available in 360W, 450W, 550W, and 650W models. In comparison to the Seasonic Platinum and X Series, the G Series uses a high quality 120mm Adda fan paired with the S2FC fan control, rather than the super Sanyo Denki SanAce fan and S3FC fan control. The 360W model we are reviewing comes with standard fixed cables while the 450W, 550W and 650W models come with a hybrid combination of fixed and modular cables. All power supplies in the G Series are 80 Plus Gold certified and backed by Seasonic’s 5-year warranty.
Seasonic G Series 360W Power Supply Key Features:
• 80Plus Gold certified and eco-friendly
• DC-to-DC converter design provides superior dynamic response
• Tight voltage regulation (±3%)
• Smart and Silent Fan Control (S2FC)
• High reliability 105°C electrolytic capacitors
• Conductive polymer aluminum solid capacitors
• High current gold plated terminals
• 12cm Ball bearing cooling fan
• Ultra ventilation (Honeycomb structure)
• Video card support (one or more PCI-E connectors)
• Universal AC input (Full Range) and Active PFC
• 5-Year Warranty