Subject: Motherboards | October 25, 2012 - 02:46 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, gigabyte, F2A85X-UP4, socket fm2, trinity
Gigabyte's socket FM2 F2A58X-UP4 looks unique in that the colour scheme is a basic black and grey with none of the flashy colours common on today's motherboards. All seven SATA ports and the eSATA are 6Gb/s so you don't have to worry about which ports to use, the three PCIe 16x slots can run at 8x/8x/1x when fully populated and with the half dozen USB 3.0 ports you end up with a lot of choices on a fairly inexpensive board. [H]ard|OCP had fun when overclocking this board, a new chipset means new settings and tricks to learn in order to coax the most out of your processor, though the A10-5800K does top out fairly quickly regardless of the motherboard used. Check out their full review here.
"GIGABYTE's F2A85X-UP4 brings AMD's "Trinity" APU to the desktop arena with a new chipset and a solid feature set at a nice price. But is that enough to make it compelling for enthusiasts?"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS F2A85-M Pro microATX @ SPCR
- Sapphire Pure Platinum A85XT @ Kitguru
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 rev1.1 Motherboard Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Chipkill @ TechARP
- Intel DH77DF Media Series Mini ITX Motherboard and Core i7-3770S CPU Review @MissingRemote
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI Motherboard @ Hi Tech Legion
- ASRock Z77 OC Formula @ Kitguru
- Asus Maximus V Formula @ X-bit Labs
- Thunderbolt-equipped Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH meets Velociraptor Duo Review @ TechSpot
- Asus P8Z77 WS Review @ OCC
- MSI Big Bang Z77 MPower @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!