Subject: General Tech | August 18, 2014 - 01:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, Extreme Overclocking Competition, overclocking
The weapons this year at Gigabyte's EOC were a Core i5-4690K and Core i7-4790K, Gigabyte Z97X-SOC FORCE LN2, Gigabyte HD7790, G.Skill TridentX F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
and a Seasonic SSX-1200 Platinum PSU. Team Awardfabrik hit 6578MHz on the i7-4790K with a mix of luck and skill while Team Switzerland took top spot for memory at 2106.3MHz. Raw speed of one component is not enough to win this competition and when the nitrogen fog lifted it was Team HardwareLuxx with the overall win. Check out what benchmarks were run and pictures and video from the event on MadShrimps.
"Each year Gigabyte Germany organizes the Extreme Overclocking Competition. At the EOC the best overclocking teams of Germany have a chance to prove who is still king. The main organizer behind each event is Germany’s finest Roman Hartung also known as der8auer at HWBot.org. This year besides Gigabyte also G.Skill, Intel, Seasonic and Gelid solutions provided the required hardware and funds to allow this clash of the titans to take place at the Know Cube at the Heilbronn Tech University."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The TR Podcast 159: Kaveri returns, Shield delivers, and Brix gets game @ The Tech Report
- How to Encrypt Email in Linux @ Linux.com
- Microsoft cries UNINSTALL in the wake of Blue Screens of Death @ The Register
- HTC One W8 leak reveals Windows Phone 8.1, Blinkfeed app @ The Inquirer
- Boffins find hundreds of thousands of woefully insecure IoT devices @ The Register
- LUXA2 PL2 6000mAh Leather Power Bank Review @ NikKTech
- NikKTech & Thermalright Worldwide Summer Giveaway
- Gamescom 2014 Gallery @ Kitguru