Subject: General Tech | May 5, 2014 - 03:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: DAC, op-amps, Silverstone, EB01–E DAC, audio
If you go out and buy a high end pair of headphones and plug them into your onboard audio you are essentially doing the same thing as buying a 4K monitor and plugging it into onboard video; sure it will work but you certainly won't get the full experience. For audiophiles a Digital Analog Converter, specifically a headphone amp is required to actually hear what your earphones are capable of. Using the XMOS XS1 TQ128 USB decoder, a TI PCM1798 Digital/Analog Converter and the famous TI NE5532 Op-Amps the specifications of this headphone amp are quite impressive as is output impedence of less than 1 ohm on a connection rated to handle up to a 600 ohm load. If you recognize any of those components then head to Benchmark Reviews for the full article.
"The Silverstone EB01–E DAC is the companion product in both form and function to the SilverStone EB-03 headphone amplifier. Together, these two components make up the current SilverStone Ensemble Series audiophile grade audio components."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sentey Vibros Gaming Headset Review @ Modders-Inc
- Best Headphones money can buy – 2014 @ Kitguru
- Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Four @ eTeknix
- BitFenix Flo Headset @ techPowerUp
- GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Gaming Headphones Review @HiTech Legion
- X2 SATURN 5.1 HD Gaming Audio Headset @ NikKTech
- SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player Review @ Legit Reviews
- Jabra Solemate Mini Portable Wireless Speaker Review @ NikKTech
- Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card Review @ Madshrimps
Get notified when we go live!