Subject: General Tech | July 13, 2012 - 02:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, asus, DGX, DSX, xonar, ROG Phoebus, pcie
While many of us are perfectly content with the quality of the audio output from the motherboards onboard audio codec there are others who because of incompatibilities (looking at you PunkBuster) or who are gifted with good ears who are still in the market for a discrete sound card. A forum member recently pointed out that the sound card on the Hardware Leaderboard was so old it didn't ship with Win7 drivers so ASUS's timing on releasing three new sound cards couldn't have come at a better time. The ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 is the lowest cost of the three cards at $40, though currently on NewEgg the Xonar DSX 7.1 card is only $37 after MIR. Finally is the Republic of Gamers Xonar Phoebus at $200, with a long list of features for those who want the best. Drop by [H]ard|OCP to see how these three cards do when put to the test.
"Asus recently released it's new flagship gaming sound card, the ROG Xonar Phoebus, as well as updated PCI-Express versions of its popular DG and DS sound cards. All three of these cards feature quality components for products in their respective price ranges. Today, we will tell you exactly what each card may bring to your PC audio experience."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- ASUS Xonar Phoebus @ Guru of 3D
- Kworld Dark Pyramid D15u+ Speaker Review @ eTeknix
- Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers System Review @ NikKTech
- Microlab H21 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker Set Review @ HardwareLOOK
- SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition Gaming Headset Review @ Madshrimps
- Razer Blackshark Headset Battlefield 3 Edition Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Cooler Master Storm Sonuz Gaming Headset Review @ Ninjalane
- Cooler Master Storm Sonuz Gaming Headset @ Pro-Clockers
- Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset @ Rbmods
- Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- Sennheiser's HD 558 headphones are cans of whoop-ass @ The Tech Report
- Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset @ LanOC Reviews
- Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset Review @ Neoseeker
Get notified when we go live!