Subject: General Tech | July 31, 2014 - 10:49 AM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, nvidia, shield tablet, amd, freesync, crucial, M550, mx100, Oculus, DK2, logitech g402, evga, TORQ X10
PC Perspective Podcast #311 - 07/31/2014
Join us this week as we discuss AMD FreeSync, NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet, Crucial M550 SSD and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Allyn Malventano
Hey, we have a contest, stay tuned!!
Week in Review:
0:42:25 EVGA Contest
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Ryan: Logitech G402 Mouse
Allyn: Oculus - needs to happen sooner!!!
Subject: General Tech | July 28, 2014 - 11:37 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: oculus rift, DK2, oled, kick ass
The two top improvements in the second Oculus rift are aimed to reduce the screen door effect by changing the display to a full 1080p OLED screen and the inclusion of Valve's low persistence of vision feature to reduce the image smearing that DK1 users reported. There is a brand new way of tracking your heads position in 3D with the DK2, a camera tracks the motion of hidden onboard IR LEDs to track translational movement in addition to the rotational tracking existent on the DK1. You will need 2 free USB ports and it connects to an HDMI or DVI port on your GPU, wireless video streaming is still a hurdle for many applications let alone the Oculus Rift. Check out the comments on Slashdot and follow the link for a full preview.
"The hotly anticipated Oculus Rift DK2 has begun arriving at doorsteps. The DK2s enhancements include optical positional tracking and a higher resolution panel, up from 1280×800 to 1920×1080 (1080p) and moved to a pentile-matrix OLED panel for display duties. This means higher levels of resolvable detail and a much reduced screen door effect."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The TR Podcast 158: Planet of the Shield Tablets
- NO SALE: IBM won't cash in its chips with GlobalFoundries after all @ The Register
- New Surface to come into production in August, say Taiwan maker @ DigiTimes
- A Better Google Glass For $60 (This One Folds) @ Hack a Day
- Amazon opens its own 3D Printing Store @ The Inquirer
- Build Your Own Gatling Rubber Band Machine Gun @ Slashdot
Get notified when we go live!